cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

There is no "true" 4G network

Journeyman

Re: There is no "true" 4G network

When I get 4G, it is significantly faster. As far as whether it is 4G if Sprint says it is, or some consortia of vendors says it is... I don't have very strong feelings on that. Yeah, the market may change completely in two years and the horse that Sprint is betting on may be a dead end... but by that point we'll all be drooling over some completely different phones and what we have now won't really matter all that much.

For now I'll settle with getting "4G" (Sprint could call it F4sterwebs for all I care) a little more often, like when Sprint's own maps indicate that I should.

Journeyman

You indicate that the US market doesn't have 4G and you mention the International group governing the technology, but you haven't said if Europe has true 4G?  I have friend from the UK that insist that Europe HAS true 4G and has had it for a while.  Is this true? 

Journeyman

Does it really matter if it's just faster?  Aren't there other part to a faster package such as nation wide and world wide use that would be nice to have?  I personally would much rather have a stable environment where I get one set rate all of the time instead of bouncing back and forth between 4G, 3G, EDGE, etc.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Are we consumers so blinded by bling that we can't hold to standards and truth?  I don't see "false advertising" as something to raise the flag of Victory for.  It's all marketing and all big business trying to get what little money we have in their greedy pockets.  I gladly pay for quality and for a product that does what it says it will do.  If the phone works and has all the technology that makes my life easier, then I buy it.  If a provider offers GOOD SERVICE, and supports my requirements for usage, then I use them; but merely running after a PR presentation so I can be the "first on my block" doesn't make sense to me.  Not sure about the rest of you, I don't have cash to throw away nor do I like being lied to about the product and services that I'm purchasing and using!  Been there, done that with Sprint, Verizon, AT&T, Nextel, and some of the "pay as you go" providers; they all have their pitfalls, you just have to find the one that fits you the best and stay with them.  Ah the imperfect world, you gotta love it!  We humans are so gullible!

Journeyman

I still don't know how anyone lets them get away with 4g advertisement.

I get a lot of people raving how much faster it is, I get less than 1mbps more speed with 4g than i do with 3g. Signal strength is plenty strong here as well.

Journeyman

I'm not sure what you're referring to with you comments about waiting two years and regarding the iPhone making calls on AT&T, I haven't had a problem with anything calls, data, surfing any of the negative press that others are saying about AT&T and I use the iPhone 4, with the death grip and not case.  I think it's all a bunch of Apple / AT&T bashing if you ask me, but then again, I do live a charmed life. <grin>

Journeyman

4G just stands for 4th generation. that is all. it is just new hardware. it is nothing to do with speed. just stands for 4th Generation, thats all nothing more, nothing less.

so with the new technology they can call it 4th Generation Cell phone technology.

Journeyman

Haha, I would have agreed with this, but it looks like the ITU retroactively redefined 4G.

http://www.zdnet.com/blog/cell-phones/forget-the-4g-marketing-argument-itu-acknowledges-us-carriers-...

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.