cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wi-Fi hotspot turns off 4g

Journeyman

Wi-Fi hotspot turns off 4g

Since I have updated my EVO 4G to android 2.2 this morning I have a problem with the Wi-Fi Hotspot feature. (which I pay for on my account) I get full bars of 4G at my house but when I turn on Wi-Fi Hotspot it reverts to 3G.

What is the fix for this?

Tags (3)
5 REPLIES 5
Journeyman

Re: Wi-Fi hotspot turns off 4g

Same thing has happened to me.  Did this get resolved?

Thanks.

Journeyman

Inquirying minds like to know.  BUMP

Journeyman

I remember reading this some where on one of the tech websites, it may have even been on HTC.com, but the hotspot feature is not compatable with 4g as of right now, you can use the 4g when its tethered to the computer with the data cable just not the wi-fi hotspot. Now I have done this a few times and got it to work, turn the hotspot on first the go back into the connection settings and re engage the 4g, this will allow it to reconnect to 4g in some cases...

Highlighted
Journeyman

This is happening to me as well, with the EVO. I'm paying for the hotspot feature. I'm showing as connected, and speedtest.net even shows my provider as Sprint PCS. My phone shows connected on the 4G band, but my computer is only connecting at 3G speed (600 Kbps or so). If I run speedtest on the phone, I'm getting upwards of 4 Mbps.

So, since I couldn't figure out how to get USB tethering to work through the phone (Windows 7 doesn't have a driver, I guess), I'm going to look into using PDANet.

Journeyman

I am having the same issues here in Cleveland, OH, has anyone resolved this?  I have excellent 4g reception, speedtest.net coming in at 7 - 8 Mbs on phone, but hotspot tether on my iPad is only testing at 700 Kbs.  The phone indicates that the 4g hotspot is working.

Thanks

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.