cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

see message below 3g/4g

Journeyman

see message below 3g/4g

I am in orlando florida right now Im told its 4 g here unlimited time on 4g .But my hotspot is still slow .I think it's on 3 g .why is that ?

Tags (2)
3 REPLIES 3
Journeyman

Re: see message below 3g/4g

I have the same problem sometimes with my Overdrive wireless card. Sometimes I'll be in a 4G network and others I'll be in 3G, but my Overdrive never moves! It's been in the same spot since I bought it. I think our problem is just the Sprint network itself.

Master

The 4G connection uses a higher frequency which allows faster access, but doesn't have the same building penetration as a lower frequency. In addition with any wireless signal, the more clients that are connected (computers, phones, broadband cards, etc.), the smaller the overall footprint will become. This may cause the footprint to dip below where you would be able to connect reliably, or it could have no effect on you whatsoever. Despite what people seem to think, wireless connections aren't magical and work the same all the time all day long, there are an almost unlimited number of variables that can effect connection quality and throughput.

The device will show you on screen which connection you are using for the connection. It is shown in the upper notification area on the device (Both Overdrive and Mobile Hotspot). If it says 4G then that's what you are using, if it says 3G then that's what you are using at that time.

Journeyman

See, my EVO can say 4G and my Overdrive can say 3G while they are in the same room. That doesn't make sence.

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.