cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

why hasn't san jose california got 4g network YET....?

Patron

why hasn't san jose california got 4g network YET....?

come on can anyone tell me why san jose hasnt got 4g yet... we is silicon valley here.....instead merced, vasalia, modesto, an stockton got it already i know they are smaller cities but come on who cares about them...or can anyone in sprint let me know when is san jose really getting 4g you dam losers...?

Message was edited by: dirty408

Message was edited by: dirty408

Tags (2)
4 REPLIES 4
Journeyman

Re: why hasn't san jose california got 4g network YET....?

before you ask this question, did you bother to turn your 4G on? There IS 4G in downtown san jose, Santa clara, mtn view, palo alto, and so on.... Just turn your 4G on and you will begin to figure things out! I was getting almost 8MBPS in downtown san jose when i was walking to la vics

Community Manager

You can sign up to be notified when 4G is available in your area, or check the coverage maps. I know they are building out in several areas, but I have not found a timetable that states exact dates.

Alley

Crusader for Customer Advocacy
I encourage you to post your questions on the community, give Kudos when earned and always mark the correct answer as "Accepted Solution".
Highlighted
Patron

well im never around downtown san jose so that is rule out, i also dont work by downtown, i live in the south side of san jose and i also work on the south side so for that matter thanks for your suggestion.. an i know for sure sprint hasn't put up a tower around san jose. so please get your facts straight why do you think im in here asking....for some info about it..!

Journeyman

Well maybe you should go test it out... Here is my results from downtown san jose

Test Date: Aug 1, 2010 1:25:16 am
Connection Type: Cell

Download: 7.66 Mbps
Upload: 0.98 Mbps
Ping: 135 ms

A detailed image for this result can be found here:

http://www.speedtest.net/android/8550403.png

Ookla operates Speedtest.net using a massive global infrastructure to minimize the impact of Internet congestion and latency. With over a million tests performed every day across hundreds of servers, Speedtest.net is the ultimate resource for bandwidth testing and related information. Visit it on your computer today to find out why.

Connection type is "Cell" not a wifi or whatever

Yes there is 4G out there in santa clara at AMC mercado 20

Mountain View

Palo Alto

DownTown San jose

Go test it out,and actually turn your 4G on before you say anything

I am not sure if it's sprints towers or whatever but yes i have 4g

Oh and i get it in cupertino ill add the screen shot if you want....

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.