cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sprint Product Ambassadors: Why this speaker?

harmonkardonspeaker.pngHi, all. I'm a Sprint employee who has been using the Harman Kardon Onyx Studio speaker for a few weeks, and I'd like to share my personal experience with this speaker.

So my husband and I like to entertain at our home, and we frequently play music while we have friends and family over. Our current challenge with sharing our music is that the best way we have to share our music is an iHome. That speaker is significantly lacking in quality and volume and must be plugged in. That means our music system typically stays in one location, so as our party expands or moves around the house, our music doesn't travel with us.

Also, the iHome system is not bluetooth enabled, so the music we play must be loaded on our iPod. This actually has begun to limit the amount and type of music we can play. As we use and buy music from our phones more and more often - from Amazon and Google Play - a bluetooth speaker is becoming an essential need for sharing our music with others. I can't guarantee we'll purchase music from iTunes or take the time to load it to my iPod.

And one of my favorite things about the Harman Kardon speaker is that is has a rechargeable battery. That means our music can move with us around the house. Yay! Plus, this speaker LOOKS great. That is important to us as we share our music with friends and family in our home.

And did I mention that this things SOUNDS great, too? I heard things in some of my favorite tracks (particularly orchestral and jazz pieces) that I had never heard before! You should try it out. Everyone says "wow" when they hear it! Hearing is believing with this thing. (You'll see why that bright red Jambox may not cut it for you anymore!)

But to be fair, the Jambox could work for us in this scenario. But the Harmon Kardon is better for two reasons: 1) looks and 2) sound quality. IMHO, the Jambox is better for taking outside, to the lake, etc.

I hope this "review" was helpful!

Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee