cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Onyx Studio Wireless Speaker System

0 Comments

Before I got my Onyx Studio, I was actually shopping for a good bluetooth speaker to pair with my phone. I already had a Jambox, although the sound was good, it was still missing something for me.

20140404_104806.jpg

I enjoy streaming movies on my phones and I miss the bass and clarity of my home entertainment center. Ever since I received my Harman Kardon Onyx Studio, I have been impressed. Connecting it with my other phones is very easy and I have had no problems pairing it with my other phones as I have had with other speakers. I did a video showing how easy it is to pair the Harman Kardon Onyx Studio, now about the sound.

Check out these specs, they will speak for them selves on why the Harman Kardon Onyx Studio sounds great.....

No. of channels4
Transducers2 x 3” woofers, 2 x 3/4” tweeters, 2 x passive radiators
Bi-amplification4 x 15W
Maximum SPL95dB @1m
Power requirement100 – 240V AC, 50/60 Hz
Power adaptor19V, 2.0A
Built-in battery3.7V, 2600mAh, Cylindrical Lithium-ion rechargeable battery
Power consumption38W Maximum < 1W standby
Speaker impedance4 ohm per speaker
Frequency response60Hz – 20kHz
Frequency range2402MHz – 2480MHz
Transmitter power>4dBm
ModulationGFSK/4-DQPSK/8-DPSK
WirelessBluetooth 3.0 A2DP v1.3 AVRCP v1.5
Dimensions (Dia x W x H)280mm x 161mm x 260mm

This speaker has an actual woofer that provides bass for your music and streaming movies. Sound from the Harman Kardon Onyx Studio is clear while watching movies it is unbelievable. The bass from this speaker completes it for me and is the speaker I have been looking for. Everyone I show it to comments on the bass and how clear it is...

001.png

Harman/Kardon Onyx Studio is available for $399.99 (excluding taxes) exclusively in Sprint stores, Web Sales (www.sprint.com) and through Telesales (1-800-SPRINT1).

Follow me as I will be adding more blogs here in Sprint Communities.

Enjoy,

Blue

Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PAs are not corporate communications, CARE, technical support, product management or product marketing and should not be expected to respond to Community members in the capacity of any of these roles. sprintemployee

0 Comments

I love wireless technology! I love not having to untangle wires and I especially love not worrying about the right adapter or having the right cables to make the connection. That's where the Harman Kardon Onyx Studio is really filling a gap for me.

I thought I'd put together a presentation for some friends to discuss vacation ideas. Instead of lugging my laptop and a bunch of cables to connect video, audio and power, I grabbed my LG G Flex, my WiDi adapter and the Harman Kardon Onyx Studio.

Along with pictures and descriptions of beautiful destinations I wanted to "up the game" with some background music befitting each location. Of course my Hawaii slides have to have ukulele playing amidst the sounds of ocean waves crashing and gentle breezes rustling the palms. Given that laptop speakers are barely loud enough to hear when sitting directly in front of the keyboard, and no one can hear the puny speakers of small (portable) projectors, I needed to really snare the senses with some awesome sound.

I paired my G Flex to the WiDi adapter via Miracast and to the HK Onyx Studio via Bluetooth. I cranked the volume and started the preso! I should have brought a spray bottle filled with salt water and hibiscus leaves and sprayed the air to fill the room with the smell of ocean.

Mahalo!

deck_wl.jpg

After the vacation deck concluded, it was time to grab the popcorn and enjoy a movie. With Netflix loaded on the G Flex and the HK Onyx Studio paired up it was time to enjoy Avengers in large format with large sound from a small handheld smartphone (did I mention how much I love wireless technology?!).

movie_wl.jpg

There are a ton of great ways to put your HK Onyx Studio to work. It can entertain and add pizzazz to many activities and events. I hope you're enjoying yours as much as I'm enjoying mine.

Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. sprintemployee

0 Comments

Two weeks ago I did a demo in our Oklahoma City call center. Our demo included the Harman Kardon Onyx Studio and the LG G Flex. We had a lot of interest in both the bluetooth speaker and the phone. One of the most asked questions I had was, does the speaker have any bass... I turned up the volume a little and allowed Harman Kardon Onyx Studio answer the question for them.

20140307_131206.jpg

I would play Pacific Rim movie on my LG G Flex or some MP3s... the movie would draw interest in the phone until you hear the rumbling of my Hardan Kardon speaker. Then I would receive question about my speaker..... I would show the handy handle on the back for picking it up and rubber tips on the legs for protect things you set it on.

I will use mine while grilling now that we have warmer weather again....

20140307_124529.jpg

A coworker bought one for their beach house

Beach.PNG

Where will you use your Harman Kardon Onyx Studio bluetooth speaker? .....

What topic would you like to see a video or demonstration on next week for Sprint's exclusive harman/kardon Onyx Studio?

harman/kardon ONYX STUDIO is available now for $399.99 (excluding taxes) exclusively in Sprint stores, Web Sales (www.sprint.com) and Telesales (1-800-SPRINT1Call: 1-800-SPRINT1).

Follow me as I will be adding a more blogs on my harman/kardon ONYX STUDIO bluetooth speaker here in Sprint Communities.

Enjoy,

Blue

Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PAs are not corporate communications, CARE, technical support, product management or product marketing and should not be expected to respond to Community members in the capacity of any of these roles. sprintemployee

0 Comments

marchmadness-ws.jpg

iPad - check

NCAA® March Madness® Live app - check

Harman Kardon Onyx Studio - CHECK!

March Madness is upon us and I don't want to miss a game! Well... I can maybe miss one or two games. With my "MMM" (mobile March Madness) setup, I won't miss a thing plus the HK Onyx Studio lets me share the play-by-play action with teammates.

The sound is rich and vibrant. The Onyx Studio pairs easily with my iPad and the stream comes through seamlessly.

If your following March Madness and want to watch games live on your mobile device you can download the NCAA® March Madness® Live app from iTunes or Google Play. Just make sure you're not detracting from work and don't disrupt others working around you. Please be courteous with the volume in the office (as the HK Onyx Studio can put out the sound!).

Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee

0 Comments

What is it Good For - Absolutely EVERYTHING! Tailgaiting, Boating, Pool Parties, BBQ's, Camping, etc.... and the list goes on and on.

This last weekend we took the boat down the Intercoastal to a place in New Smyrna called Disappearing Island:

Disappearing_Island.PNGDisappearing_Island1.PNG

(our boat is the one on the right)

The island was quiet and not a lot of other boaters there, we tossed anchor and walked ashore, setup some chairs, food, and music!

There was about 6 of us and with the HKOS boasting of 95dB it really made the difference when listening to it outside. As you've seen from other blogs the sound is crisp and clear and with the 5hr battery it's going to last.

Remember to take your HKOS the next time you are Tailgaiting, Boating, BBQing, Camping, or throwing a Pool Party!

“Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices,therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee.”

0 Comments

SmartLooks.PNG

I've had the Onyx Studio for a little over a week now and absolutely love it. I still can't believe the quality of audio that comes out of this speaker. Harman/Kardon are really living up to their reputation and EVERYBODY that I demo this for has been impressed with it.

I love Pandora and that's usually what my wife and I listen to at home, however when I come into the office there is a radio show that enjoy listening to in the mornings called "Johnny's House" (greater Orlando radio station) but, obviously, it's not on Pandora. At my office

I've got a 12yr old radio on my desk that is falling apart. Sometimes when you press the power button it changes to AM radio verse shutting it off (which is what you'd expect from hitting the power button). Since I've had the HKOS I've downloaded and app called iHeartRadio

as they stream Johnny's House over that. I've since retired the radio at my desk and now I stream iHeartRadio and that has been the best decision I've made in awhile. I love it! As stated in the title "Beautiful Sound" I can really enjoy the songs that the stations plays and get that great

sound the Onyx Studio gives as well as being able to listen to my talk show. AND! it's portable the nice thing with iHeartRadio and the HKOS is no matter where I go I have access to my local radio station and an extremely nice sound system to listen to it on.

I have to say that I am now a HUGE fan of Harman/Kardon and have been trying to find away to "sabotage" my home theater system so I can upgrade it..... though that doesn't seem to be going to well and my wife has been giving me the stink eye for even thinking about it.......I guess our vacation

to Ireland is a more important use of our funds..........

Here is a brief description of iHeartRadio

iHeartRadio.png

Description

Listen to your favorite live radio stations or create your own with iHeartRadio, “the best streaming radio app” (CNET).
iHeartRadio is the only app you need to stream thousands of live radio stations and enjoy commercial-free custom music stations.
iHeart’s Android radio app also offers activity-based music recommendations and playlists, as well as on-demand audio from your favorite talk radio shows and personalities. Set an alarm clock to wake you up to your favorite station or remind you to tune in to your favorite show.

Features:
• The best of LIVE INTERNET RADIO: pop, country, hip-hop and R&B, rock, talk, news, sports & more

• Create CUSTOM MUSIC stations: over 18 million songs from more than 400,000 artists

• PERFECT FOR: music playlists for working, driving, working out & hundreds more activities

• TALK: on-demand talk radio episodes from great names in news, sports, finance, comedy & entertainment

Log in via email or Facebook to create custom music stations, save live radio stations to your Presets, and access your favorites from wherever you use iHeartRadio. It's fast, easy and FREE!

You can read more about the HKOS from: Sprint & Harman/Kardon

“Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices,therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee.”

0 Comments

harmonkardonspeaker.pngHi, all. I'm a Sprint employee who has been using the Harman Kardon Onyx Studio speaker for a few weeks, and I'd like to share my personal experience with this speaker.

So my husband and I like to entertain at our home, and we frequently play music while we have friends and family over. Our current challenge with sharing our music is that the best way we have to share our music is an iHome. That speaker is significantly lacking in quality and volume and must be plugged in. That means our music system typically stays in one location, so as our party expands or moves around the house, our music doesn't travel with us.

Also, the iHome system is not bluetooth enabled, so the music we play must be loaded on our iPod. This actually has begun to limit the amount and type of music we can play. As we use and buy music from our phones more and more often - from Amazon and Google Play - a bluetooth speaker is becoming an essential need for sharing our music with others. I can't guarantee we'll purchase music from iTunes or take the time to load it to my iPod.

And one of my favorite things about the Harman Kardon speaker is that is has a rechargeable battery. That means our music can move with us around the house. Yay! Plus, this speaker LOOKS great. That is important to us as we share our music with friends and family in our home.

And did I mention that this things SOUNDS great, too? I heard things in some of my favorite tracks (particularly orchestral and jazz pieces) that I had never heard before! You should try it out. Everyone says "wow" when they hear it! Hearing is believing with this thing. (You'll see why that bright red Jambox may not cut it for you anymore!)

But to be fair, the Jambox could work for us in this scenario. But the Harmon Kardon is better for two reasons: 1) looks and 2) sound quality. IMHO, the Jambox is better for taking outside, to the lake, etc.

I hope this "review" was helpful!

Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee

1 Comment

I have owned the harman/kardon Onyx Studio for a week now and would like to share how easy it is to pair the harman/kardon Onyx Studio with my LG G Flex.

harmankardon-ONYX-STUDIO.jpg

Here are the steps from Harman Kardon website: Connecting Bluetooth & Playing Music through Bluetooth

1. Press the Power button. The LED will illuminate white. The speaker enters pairing mode when it is switched on.

2. If the speaker has been paired with any source before, press and hold the Bluetooth button for at least 2.5 seconds.

3. Perform a new device search on your Bluetooth-capable device.

4. Select HK Onyx Studio on the device’s pairing list and enter password as 0000 (I did not need to enter the password to pair my LG G Flex). The device will be paired to HK Onyx Studio automatically. If pairing is successful, the Bluetooth LED will change to white.

5. Control playback from your Bluetooth-capable device

I created a short video showing not only how easy it is to pair a harman/kardon Onyx Studio with my LG G Flex , also the video will demonstrate the premium sound a harman/kardon Onyx Studio produces with a YouTube ad for The Hunger Games: Catching Fire.

What topic would you like to see a video or demonstration on next week for Sprint's exclusive harman/kardon Onyx Studio?

harman/kardon ONYX STUDIO is available now for $399.99 (excluding taxes) exclusively in Sprint stores, Web Sales (www.sprint.com) and Telesales (1-800-SPRINT1Call: 1-800-SPRINT1).

Follow me as I will be adding a more blogs on my harman/kardon ONYX STUDIO bluetooth speaker here in Sprint Communities.

Enjoy,

Blue

0 Comments

note3_black_white_rosegold.jpg+ Screenshot-2014-02-28-20.54.02.png = Party Planning Form Page-Wallpaper-Colorful Music Notes With People Dancing.jpg

Picture taken from Android Central.com                         Picture Taken from Sprint.com                                   Picture taken from Musicforallofyou.com

I recently did a demo in our building for the LG G Flex and the Harman Kardon Onyx Studio Bluetooth Speakers.  A fellow Product Ambassador had his Note 3 as I did mine so we decided to try and use group play while connected to both of our speakers through bluetooth.  The connections were amazing.  One Note 3 controlled both speakers and we could change songs and lower volumes on a specific speaker. We even tested the range and being a good 45 feet away still able to switch songs and lower volumes.  This is perfect for a party that only you would want to control the music!!  Now granted most people don't have 2 Note 3's or 2 Harman Kardon Onyx's but if you do the possibilities are endless.

The group play speaker function looks like this:

GroupPlay_SpeakerSetup.png

Picture taken from Samsung.com

P.S.  Keep a look out for my new adventures with the HK Onyx Studio

Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PAs are not corporate communications, CARE, technical support, product management or product marketing and should not be expected to respond to Community members in the capacity of any of these roles. #sprintemployee

1 Comment

SpeakerFront.PNG

Anyone familiar with Harman/Kardon knows that they represent quality. Harman/Kardon has a history, dating back to the 1950's, of producing highend products and they deliver on that quality, not only with sound but also on the hardware!

Sprint partnered with one of the more prestigious names in high end audio equipment to develop this amazing product,

offered only to Sprint customers!

The Harman/Kardon Onyx Studio speaker provides the ultimate sound companion to all your Bluetooth®-enabled devices,

delivering room enriching sound through its 4 powered speakers and dual passive radiators. Onyx Studio’s stunning good looks

camouflage its wealth of wireless technologies, allowing for instant access to any of your Bluetooth®-enabled devices and quality

sound all around.

When I was chosen to be a Product Ambassador for the Harman/Kardon Onyx Studio (HKOS going forward) I was pretty excited and didn't know what to expect at the same time. That statement, above, was one of the powerpoints I received and

its pretty awesome that the HKOS is an exclusive Sprint product! I really wasn't sure what to expect as the pictures don't really do it justice and being familiar with the other bluetooth enabled devices we offer I was curious how large this HKOS was

going to be. Last Friday the HKOS showed at my office and immediately I was surprised at the size of it, it's along the lines a bookshelf speaker and is 11" in diameter. Right away I was drawn to the quality of the it, it has a nice weight to it and feels very

solid.

The HKOS is sub-model of the Harman/Kardons Onyx line and while the Harman/Kardon Onyx offers five to six different ways to pair to it the HKOS is just a bluetooth connection so pairing it with any bluetooth devices is pretty straight forward.

After I paired it with my LG G FLEX to the HKOS I played three songs to test it out and hear what the HKOS has to offer and boy was I not let down.

I started with Mozart: Violin Concerto No. 4 in D Major, Katy Perry's Dark Horse, & Pharrell William's Happy. Classical is a great way to hear a full range of music and really pickup on the little things that your sound system (in this case the HKOS) has to offer.

Katy Perry's "Dark Horse" really shows off the bass levels of the HKOS and Pharrell Williams "Happy" was just a great song and really well represented on the HKOS.

Overall I can't say how happy I am to be apart of this team and hopefully you can stop by a Sprint store and hear it for yourself or maybe you may have a Product Ambassador that you know of that is also sporting the HKOS and will play a demo for you!

Link

SpeakerLeft.PNGSpeakerRight.PNGSpeakerBack.PNG

0 Comments

Main.PNG

Sprint is bring premium audio to mobile devices this year and the harman/kardon ONYX STUDIO is one of the first to be announced in premium music offerings from Sprint. Sprint Newsroom first shared this information earlier this week and our Sprint's harman/kardon Product Ambassador team received theirs this week to provide additional information on this premium speaker. Our team will be writing up a series of blogs about this premium Bluetooth speaker throught March.

harman_onyx-631x277.jpg

My harman/kardon ONYX STUDIO came in Wednesday evening and the first thing I wanted to do was open it up. I restrained myself as I wanted to provide a video for everyone to see what comes in the box and how it is package so I waited till Thursday. Once in my office, I removed the wrapping over the box and tape to make it easier for me to open it...... no more stalling here is the video....

harman/kardon has made some great products and are very well built producing premium sound. A lot of thought went into the design of ONYX STUDIO series for Sprint. The bezel around the speaker housing where the power, Bluetooth and volume controls have a rubber coating with a handy grip on the back for picking up the speaker. On the back of the speaker there is a USB port and power outlet for plugging it in for charging..... more on this in my next blog.

Check back next week, I will post another video on how easy it is to pair the harman/kardon ONYX STUDIO with my phone along with some more information.

harman/kardon ONYX STUDIO is available now for $399.99 (excluding taxes) exclusively in Sprint stores, Web Sales (www.sprint.com) and Telesales (1-800-SPRINT1).

Follow me, as I will be adding a more blogs on the harman/kardon ONYX STUDIO here in Sprint Communities.

Enjoy,

Blue

Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PAs are not corporate communications, CARE, technical support, product management or product marketing and should not be expected to respond to Community members in the capacity of any of these roles. #sprintemployee

0 Comments

Sprint-HKOS.jpg

Sprint is the exclusive retail partner for the Harman / Kardon Onyx Studio

Are you ready to move beyond sound "tubes," cans and headphones when enjoying your favorite music? Are you ready to fill your room with crisp, clear highs and deep, soulful lows? Are you ready to hear and feel the sounds of your favorite games, videos and movies from your tablet, phablet or phone? Then you're ready to step up to the quality, aesthetic and enriching experience of the Harman / Kardon Onyx Studio.

I've had my Onyx Studio since last Friday and I'm already wondering how I got by in life without it. Sure, I have other Bluetooth speakers and headphones. But they don't compare to the richness of sound I get from my new HK-OS. The best part is I don't feel I have to put it away or hide it when company comes over. The HK-OS design is truly elegant, like few others, and so easy to use.

If you're in the market for high quality sound that's portable and elegantly designed, then you may already be shopping brands like Bang & Olufsen and Bowers & Wilkins. I hope you also consider Harman / Kardon in your quest. I get that the HK-OS may not fit every need or budget. It's definitely a luxurious piece of audio technology. However, compared to other high quality BT speakers on the market, it's a relative bargain in its class.

comparison.jpg

The HK-OS is not just a pretty face. There's a lot of brawn under all those good looks with room filling volume that doesn't strain or crack. Here's a sound level comparison to a few other BT speakers we sell in our stores. Notice the output values at max volume.

volumes.jpg

The HK-OS is not just a little louder, it's a LOT louder. These numbers may seem like small differences but they're not. For the layman, you need to understand the rule of 3 dB. Simply stated, sound output of +3 dB equates to "double" the power. Sound output of +10 dB = 10X the power output. So you see it's no small feat to produce ~10 dB more volume than a competitive product. For comparison sake, the average jackhammer produces ~94 dB of sound at a 4 meter distance.

Check out the specs and details over on our splash page.

Until next time, keep the tunes happy!