Sprint Community is Read Only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community is Read Only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

$150 to upgrade my phone

Journeyman

$150 to upgrade my phone

I'm just wondering if I am missing something here. I have been a Sprint customer for around 17 years. Every year for being a sprint customer Sprint gives me $150 to upgrade my phone.

Ok here is the kicker, That is the same discount new members get when the open a new account. Wht would sprint state that they are rewarding me $150 for being a loyal customer, when new customer get the same deal, maybe under another name but still.

Am I missing something here. I get $150 to uprade my phone and they would generously throw in a new 2 year contract. Wow there such nice guys(sarcasm).  Its the same deal new customers are getting with discounts. I tried and call customer service about this, and of course there clueless, But what would you expect when they pay these guys near minimum wage and they recycle them constantly every month.

Just wondering if one of sprints top dog can answer this for me? I tell you with rewards like that, who needs punishment.

Come on please tell me how this is a reward for being a loyal customer?

1 REPLY 1
Journeyman

Sprint "claims" that new & existing customers enjoy the same benefits, except for the Premier Program.  However, if you go to a Sprint authorized retailer, new customers can purchase some phones for $100 cheaper than existing customers.

When I called about renewing my four lines, I was looking at paying $800 plus activation on four lines, then waiting about 4 months to see $400 back in rebates. When I declined,  I was told by several CSR's to purchase my phones at Radio Shack.  Currently at Radio Shack, the Blackberry 9630 is $79.99 for new customers and $119.99 for existing customers looking to renew. 

So needless to say, Sprint doesn't care about existing long term customers.  So after 12 years I decided I'm not renewing, I have phones and a plans picked out for another carrier at the end of this billing cycle.

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.