cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can anyone help me regarding (lack of) customer service?

Can anyone help me regarding (lack of) customer service?

I am a user of a Blackberry 8330, I have been to a repair store and have dedicated  about 8 hours of time fixing my phone. That's a cumulative time, with the store and tech support. They all just have me do the same things, with the same result. Then I get told to call blackberry, who in turn tells me to call Sprint and get a replacement. With the insurance I have to spend 100 dollars and I have an upgrade in July. My phone is not water damaged, and I am not abusive to it, it just will not stay working. I have dedicated so much time to this and have gotten so frustrated that I have considered switching to another company.

To spend 100 dollars to wait 3 months on a phone that should be covered is just stupid. I have 3 lines with Sprint, and I am truly getting to the point where I just want some type of resolution.

Please help.....

6 REPLIES 6
Journeyman

Re: Can anyone help me regarding (lack of) customer service?

Hi Brian.  I work for Sprint, and would be happy to help.  I'm really sorry to hear you're having issues.  It sounds like we need to get you in touch with the right person to help.  If you send me a private message with your wireless phone number, I'll have someone from Customer Care call you.  It may take a day or two to get in touch, but I'm sure we can help get your problem solved.  Thanks for being a Sprint customer.

Master

No offense CariJane, But unless your profile on this forum states you are a Sprint Employee, We encourage users NOT to forward private information to anyone stating they are, For their safety. If you were to join the forum using your Sprint email address it would of assigned the Sprint Pin Drop logo and Sprint Employee to your profile. You may be able to contact Izzyks(Sprint Admin)http://community.sprint.com/baw/people/izzyks to get authorized.

Journeyman

What kind of issues are you having with your Curve? Freezes and Crashes? Are you making sure to properly exit from applications when you leave them by pressing the Blackberry button and scrolling down and selecting "Close" or "Exit"?

Journeyman

Thanks for the tip.  I've already reached out to izzyks.

My 8330 will work fine for 3 - 4 hours, at the good times, and self wipe itself every 1/2 hour or so at the bad times. It also seems to have a hard time pushing information to me, and I will tend to have 32 emails at the same time, or none for 3 hours. It very odd, we switched out the battery, downgraded the version (I keep it totally stock btw, I don't download anything) I have had this poor thing flashed more than a stripper at a bachelor party and it still has issues. Blackberry literally said that it might be possessed, and the Sprint store just looked at me like I was nuts, and then as I was leaving it finally started acting up. I was laughing with the guy, and he said just drop it in water maybe it will work better.

All joking aside though, they get frustrated as well because its not just simple user error. I am a Blackberry ninja, as I have been using these things since they came out, have rebuilt them and installed new data card readers, screens etc, I know my way around them physically and through the software, and I explain this to some of the customer service people, tell them to just get me over to blackberry, and after being transferred 3 times I get there, and have to explain again. Its annoying.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Okay

brianbarnett0 wrote:

My 8330 will work fine for 3 - 4 hours, at the good times, and self wipe itself every 1/2 hour or so at the bad times. It also seems to have a hard time pushing information to me, and I will tend to have 32 emails at the same time, or none for 3 hours. It very odd, we switched out the battery, downgraded the version (I keep it totally stock btw, I don't download anything) I have had this poor thing flashed more than a stripper at a bachelor party and it still has issues. Blackberry literally said that it might be possessed, and the Sprint store just looked at me like I was nuts, and then as I was leaving it finally started acting up. I was laughing with the guy, and he said just drop it in water maybe it will work better.

All joking aside though, they get frustrated as well because its not just simple user error. I am a Blackberry ninja, as I have been using these things since they came out, have rebuilt them and installed new data card readers, screens etc, I know my way around them physically and through the software, and I explain this to some of the customer service people, tell them to just get me over to blackberry, and after being transferred 3 times I get there, and have to explain again. Its annoying.

I have seen this issue before. I have never fixed it before but I know that our Technician Store here is replacing these Blackberrys without deductible. If you do not have a technician store nearby or if your technician store is unwilling to replace the phone for some reason I can at least attempt to narrow it down for you.

There are several things that could cause this:

1) A rouge application or theme that is eating the memory on the phone causing it to wipe.

2) A bad memory card that is forcing data onto the phone eating all its memory.

3) (Rare but still an issue) a Curve with outdated software in poor data coverage struggling to initiate a software update repeatedly until memory on phone is overloaded and crashed.

Overall, if it is a hardware issue it is likely related to the memory card. I would replace that first with at least a 1GB card and see how that goes.

I know you said you have already done software resets and you haven't installed anything on your phone. I would check to see if you have an attachments or files you have side-loaded from your PC (perhaps music or Microsoft Office files) that you can purge. These files can easily be attached with malware that could be overwhelming your Blackberry seeing as it cannot run said malware.

Make sure that your bluetooth profile is hidden and if you are using a bluetooth headset, you really ought to use a Blackberry brand bluetooth. I have seen memory errors between a Blackberry and a Motorola Bluetooth headset before.

I have also seen some issues with animated picturemails, purge your picturemail and delete any saved animated gifs and try a soft reset to see if that helps.

Finally, use your Blackberry Desktop software and the on phone software updater to make sure you have the latest software. Soft reset then do a PRL update and soft reset again.

See if these things help. If you have already tried all these things I truly apologize. I would definately also go see your local technician and make your point. Show him your polite sense of humor and I am sure he will work with you to replace your hardware without deductible as long as you have insurance to hold you over until you can get your next phone.

Keep me posted, I hope this helps.

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.