cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can i use someone else's upgrade?

Journeyman

Can i use someone else's upgrade?

I wasn't sure where to post this but...i need a new phone and since my line isn't the primary one i'm not due for an upgrade until next year. my mom, however, is the primary line and is due for an upgrade this year. Will sprint let me use her upgrade, or if not is there a way to get around it? like my mom buying a new phone with her upgrade and then calling customer support and having her activate her old phone again and i activate the new one she just bought?

7 REPLIES 7
Journeyman

Re: Can i use someone else's upgrade?

i believ it will let u use her upgrade because u all are on the same account. after using her upgrade though it will reset.

Highlighted
Journeyman

This question is an easy one. The answer is yes! I currently have five lines which all upgrade at different intervals. I've done this before and isn't a big deal. Phones can be added and taken away simply by logging on to the Sprint website (Thanks Sprint). Or simply be calling customer support. Have fun with your new phone.

Message was edited by: Techfunk

Master

You can, But if you purchase from Sprint and there is a mail in rebate offered you cannot activate the phone on any other line but the one purchased for or you will not be eligible for the MIR, As the phone needs to be activated on the upgrade eligible line 30 days in order to qualify for the rebate. If you purchase from Best Buy/Radio Shack or any place that waives the MIR then you can activate it on any line you wish.

Journeyman

Yikes! There you have it. Buy at Best Buy....Its a no brainer. Thanks for pointing that out Levi4u.

Journeyman

I am looking to purchase an upgrade through Radioshack online. I am using my primary number's upgrade but need to use it for my second line....how can I go about having them put in on the correct number when I get it?

Journeyman

Phones are not generally shipped active. This prevents someone stealing it and using it and also you not having use of your phone until you receive the phone after the order is placed. If it is not active-you will have to call customer care when you get the phone and just tell them what phone number you want it activated on. If they send it active just call customer care anyways and they can switch the phones the way you want them as well. 1-800-639-6111 just be sure not to call from any number that you need to be switched.

Master

You can do it from your account page, Just select the line you wish to activate it on and follow the directions.

http://www.sprint.com/landings/howtoactivate/index.html

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.