cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't get a fourth line??

Highlighted
Journeyman

Can't get a fourth line??

I have had Verizon for several years now and I am fed up with their poor customer service.  I currently have 5 lines with Verizon but I am now only needing 4 lines for myself and my family.  I called AT&T and was approved for the 4 lines but I heard good things about Sprint and decided, based on the current plans and phones Sprint offers, that I would go with them.  I call Sprint last night to sign up and was told I am only approved for 3 lines.  This will not work for me.  My wife was also approved for 3 lines.  So between the two of us, Sprint will give us 6 lines (2 separate plans) but refuses to give us 4 lines on one plan.  (I'm still not sure how that extra $19.99 for the 4th line is such a high-risk scenario for Sprint).  Splitting plans is cost prohibitive and makes no sense to me as I could get a cheaper plan now at AT&T.  So while I would like to give Sprint my money for the next 2 years, it appears that I will be giving it to AT&T instead.  I tried to reason with my CSR last night but it seems like nobody in Sprint has the authority to get around this.   Has anyone experienced this or know if there is someone to speak with that can help?

Message was edited by: AHNDAD  UPDATE!!  Very shortly after I posted this I was contacted by Jennifer in the credit department.  Her customer service was great and the speed with which she contacted me was rather unexpected.  She took care of my situation and I am good to go to order my 4-line plan now.  It is a shame that I spent as much time as I did on the phone initially with sprint. To me, the the true testament is always how a situation is dealt with and I am very please with how this particular situation has been handled.  Kudos to Jennifer and Sprint has itself a new customer.

Message was edited by: AHNDAD

Tags (4)
3 REPLIES 3
Journeyman

Re: Can't get a fourth line??

When I got my account it was solely based upon my credit, so you are telling me that you went through the trouble to running both you and your wife's credit on separate accounts! I have been told that once it is run I need to wait a month before trying again.. My issue is that running the credit may lower my chances of a higher credit score.

This is catch 22, where you cant have the result without the attempt and you dont want to attempt without knowing the result.
So my advice to you and your wife.
1. Choose one of your credit and rely on that solely, use the credit card and make payments on that card. do not alternate between the two of your names. Also whoever has a better payment history in the past for mortgages and cars and credits cards will have the better chance of getting the max amount of lines on your sprint account...

Once a good amount of time has passed re-run the credit and see if you can get the 5 line maximum.
2. or just get two accounts with two separate plans and pay a bit more.

Journeyman

When opening a brand new account, the number of lines you are approved for is based upon the credit evaluation that is performed.  I'm glad your issue was resolved. Welcome to Sprint!!

Journeyman

I have also been trying unsuccessfully to get another line on my account. My family and I just signed up for service and we are still within our 30 day evaluation period, so we might have to cancel and stay with T-Mobile. We have been with T-Mobile for 5 years and we have always had 4 lines of service, so I don't understand why I can't get 4 lines with Sprint. My family and I have enjoyed Sprint service so far, but if we can't get the 4th line, i guess we will have to cancel our service. Very glad to hear that you got your issue resolved and I hope it works out the same for us.

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.