ForumTopicPage
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can you buy a phone online with one year contract or pay full price going month to month?

Journeyman

Can you buy a phone online with one year contract or pay full price going month to month?

Does Sprint have the option online of buying phone with one year contract or paying full price and going month to month?  I want to buy a phone but I don't want a 2 yr contract.

7 REPLIES 7
Master

Re: Can you buy a phone online with one year contract or pay full price going month to month?

If you buy online it will lock you into a two year contract, I did a chat with them and was told if you pay full price fo the phone at a store you would not, But I don't believe that is accurate. I believe that the terms were changed some time ago and that no matter where you purchase the phone, Store, Craigslist, Ebay, it would still require a two year contract to open a new line/plan.

http://community.sprint.com/baw/thread/5654?start=0&tstart=0&reqsorting=dec

Message was edited by: Levi4u, To correct link

Master

Re: Can you buy a phone online with one year contract or pay full price going month to month?

You: Does Sprint have the option online of buying phone with one year contract or paying full price and going month to month? I want to buy a phone but I don't want a 2 yr contract.  
  Agent: I will be happy to help you get a phone.     
  Agent: Thanks. Just to check, are you a current Sprint customer?   
  You: Yes, I'm am trying to find the answer to help out a potental new customer on your support forum.  
  Agent: If you upgrade you can get a year extention  
  Agent: But you only get $75 off the full price of a phone  
  You: Did you read what i posted? It is not for me. New customer, Pays full price for phone.  
  You: Does Sprint have the option online of buying phone with one year contract or paying full price and going month to month? I want to buy a phone but I don't want a 2 yr contract.  
  Agent: If they order online they will need a 2 year agreement  
  You: even if paying full price for the phone?  
  Agent: You will need to go to a store to just buy a phone  
  Agent: If not you will need to get a 2 year agreement  
  You: But will they have a two year contract after paying full price for the phone at a store?  
  Agent: If you pay full price you will not need a contract

Journeyman

Pretty much all this is incorrect.

If you want to go Month-To-Month you need to purchase the phone at FULL PRICE (and it can not be an HTC Hero, BlackBerry, Instinct, Pre, or any other "Everything Data Plan required" phone)... Additionally the only plan that is Month-To-Month is 200 Anytime with 9 PM Unlimited Night and Weekends, this plan does not include Mobile to Mobile or Roaming (charged at $0.49 per minute).

If you were thinking of a ONE YEAR plan, you can get any plan (only in-store) and must buy the phone in-store as well.

Online sales does not have the option for Month-To-Month or 1 Year Agreements anymore.

Master

rwalford79 wrote:

Pretty much all this is incorrect.

If you want to go Month-To-Month you need to purchase the phone at FULL PRICE (and it can not be an HTC Hero, BlackBerry, Instinct, Pre, or any other "Everything Data Plan required" phone)... Additionally the only plan that is Month-To-Month is 200 Anytime with 9 PM Unlimited Night and Weekends, this plan does not include Mobile to Mobile or Roaming (charged at $0.49 per minute).

If you were thinking of a ONE YEAR plan, you can get any plan (only in-store) and must buy the phone in-store as well.

Online sales does not have the option for Month-To-Month or 1 Year Agreements anymore.

?  What is incorrect? The online chat rep said they could. But from visiting these forums I have seen it where they won't.

Why would it matter if it was a "Everything Data required phone" if they paid full price for the phone?

Your post implies that the only way to not be under contract at all is to get the 200 anytime plan. The rep stated the there would be no contract (ie month to month) if paying full price for the phone.

The only true way to find out for sure is to go to a store and try and see what they say.

Message was edited by: Levi4u

Journeyman

1. Most of it was incorrect.

2. Most reps also say anything they want without actual real definition as to the real deal.

3. Select phones are ONLY sold with the Everything Data plan - period.

I know this because I have called and asked, as well as attempting this online prior to the "Month-To-Month" plan being removed from the online store. I also have gone into the store on Castro Street San Francisco and asked specifically about this before, as I wanted a Month-To-Month plan on my Instinct. Any phone requiring Everything Data cant be added.

Yes, I covered my bases.

Highlighted
Journeyman

rwalford is incorrect, if you do not want a contract, just pay full price for a new phone, this is true on a existing line, if you are opening a new line of service, it has a 2 Yrs SA weather you buy a new phone or not.  You can use any plan you want that is compatible with your phone. End of story.

Journeyman

Sprint Expert "...if you are opening a new line of service, it has a 2 Yrs SA weather you buy a new phone or not.  You can use any plan you want that is compatible with your phone."

Me : "I just basically said that... Opening a new line of service will have a 2 year agreement if you buy a new phone or not. You can only use Everything Data plans that are compatible with the phone you select. ie, Palm Pre, Instinct, Hero, Moment, etc"

So, tell me again, how was I incorrect?

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.