cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does using a cell phone's MP3 feature count as adding data to a phone plan?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Does using a cell phone's MP3 feature count as adding data to a phone plan?

My internet access is locked off since I do not have unlimited data on my plan (Had my parents request it through customer service). I received my phone bill and it states I owe $75.00 for using 5908 kb. I'm wondering how is it possible I used that much data if access to the internet is locked off?

The only way I can think of is that I used my cell's mp3 feature, but does that even count when I'm listening to songs from my phone's SD card and not through the internet? (I can't even access the music store)

Tags (3)
1 REPLY 1
Master

Re: Does using a cell phone's MP3 feature count as adding data to a phone plan?

If internet is blocked correctly then data should not be used at all, regardless of what you are doing/using. It could be that if data was blocked recently the data usage billed was used before the block went into place. If it wasn't blocked recently, then they need to contact Care to find out why they are being charged for data when it is supposed to be blocked.

Some phone MP3 players do access the internet to download album art and other information. If you load up the MP3 player and it requests to connect to the internet, you have your answer.

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.