cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Harrassed Customer Needs Help. ((Relentless Ex-Girlfriend))

Go to solution
Highlighted

Harrassed Customer Needs Help. ((Relentless Ex-Girlfriend))

Okay.

Sprint Customer Staff.

I have an rediculous Ex-Girlfriend who texts me constantly and I just want her out of my life. She calls, texts, and until thats entirely not an option she probably won't even stop doing it in person. I was told number cannot be blocked, but if thats true I'm gonna ask to have texting removed from my phone entirely. I am at my wits end here. Can you direct me to where I can block numbers, or tell me a way to stop the texting. Calls I can just ignore, but texts bog my inbox and interupt calls.

Message was edited by: SeanasaurusRex

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Master

Re: Harrassed Customer Needs Help. ((Relentless Ex-Girlfriend))

You can place her on a "Block Text" list on your sprint.com account page. Sign on and on the "Overview" page is a link on the right towards the bottom of the page " Block Text Messages" Click on it, It will take you to a page where you can add her number.

As far as blocking her from calling, File a harassment suit with your local police. But in the meantime here is a "Silent Ringer" you can download and assign to her number.

One is .mp3 another is .wav, I will upload one in .qcp, Download the one your phone uses.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
Journeyman

sone phones you can block texts from certin numbers or all people not in ur address book (IE : on blackberry) i dont know what type of  phone you have but you can try to  look into this  also you could block  texting  entirley on you plan but then she can still call you.

Master

You can place her on a "Block Text" list on your sprint.com account page. Sign on and on the "Overview" page is a link on the right towards the bottom of the page " Block Text Messages" Click on it, It will take you to a page where you can add her number.

As far as blocking her from calling, File a harassment suit with your local police. But in the meantime here is a "Silent Ringer" you can download and assign to her number.

One is .mp3 another is .wav, I will upload one in .qcp, Download the one your phone uses.

View solution in original post

Master

Will, This stupid forum will not let me upload these ringers or delete my post where I tried. $%*^&%@!!!!!!!

Master

F'ING FORUM!!!

Try again, Here may be the .wav one if the forum uploads it. The post above contains the .qcp one.

Master

DAM IT!!!

.wav

I tried but it wont upload it. If you need the .wav one PM me and I will email it to you.

Message was edited by: Levi4u

Message was edited by: Levi4u

Master

You can text to the numer 9999 to block text messaging from a specific number.

Text HELP to 9999 for a full listing of the commands. I know it is something like BLOCK 5559995555 and you won't receive any messages from them anymore.

Calls however there isn't a way to block specific numbers from calling. Silent ringtone would be a good workaround, if you can't get one of the ones posted here to work you can try one of the ringtone sites like myxer.com instead.

If it is really bad I would recommend filing a police report and a restraining order. If nothing else that may get her to stop on her own without having to block anything.

Journeyman

Hi, I would also suggest changing your phone number perhaps. I know it's a hassle but I also agree with the previous post above.

Journeyman

You can go to spint.com and on the right hand side (in blue) there are a bunch of options for different things you can go go texting, when you get in there they give you an option of blocking up to 10 numbers (I think at a time, but might be all together) anyway since you only seem to want to block this 1 person should not be a problem.  Simply enter her phone number including area code & submit.  I am not sure if it takes 24 hours or if is immediate.  When I did it (it was a # I didn't know and when I text them back & told them I wasn't the person they wanted they still kept texting me stuff).  I blocked the # it was coming from & never heard from them again. Try that and good luck.

Journeyman

Sorry I didn't mention in my first reply to you, but on some phones (Samsung Moment) you can put her # in your contacts section and then at the bottom you can click the button for "send to voicemail".  So everytime she tries to call you it won't even ring, it will go straight to voicemail, which you can delete without ever listening to it.  I know this is bothersome, & not as good as being able to block her from calling period like you can do with text on sprint.com.  Also, this is just as bothersome but you can always change your # with Sprint.  You'll have to call everyone else or do a mass text to everyone in your contacts (EXCEPT HER) what your new # is.  This is troublesome for you, but better than being harrassed all the time.  You'd think you pay for a phone service & Sprint would be able to do something about this as part of your service.  Once again good luck.

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.