cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Horrible Customer service 9-10 yr customer

Highlighted
Patron

Horrible Customer service 9-10 yr customer

I've been a customer for 10 years now. I cannot believe the service I received today. I am livid. My Evo 3d phone has been replaced 4x now because the screen types without touching anything. It won't even let me touch the screen at all sometimes. I've spent 8 hours at sprint just this month. The service reps even told me this phone is known to have these issues. As a long time customer I am thinking ,.well I'm sure they will help me out. but NO. All the guy did was tell me I'm wrong. They give me  4 options. Get same phone replaced for the 5th time. Get and Evo 4g. (Which I had prior and upgraded to this one with) Evo Slide ( same phone I had b4 but with a touch pad or a Samsung epic lol. Really. These are not comparable at all!!!! Why would I go back to the old phone I had and paid $200 to upgrade to my current Evo 3d.

Sprint you are losing a 10yr customer in 3 weeks when my contract is up because you won't take care of your customers.

See ya,

X customer

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Journeyman

http://www.ehow.com/how_2040772_file-fcc-form-475-complaints.html

Let me chronologically summarize my experiences with SPRINT- I am VERY disappointed with the quality of service I seem to be rewarded with my loyalty as a GOOD paying customer, this is what I have dealt with since coming to Sprint;

• In the 1st year (2009) had to be sent 4 different Palm Treos because the devices would fail, lock-up, not take calls, basically, the Sprint rendition of the Palm device was unstable…
  • Finally in 2010, prepared to leave for another more reliable carrier/phone, offered the HTC product as a better replacement As I recall I was offered the upgrade for $99, yet almost $3,500 worth of charges attempted against my bank account, $1,010.47 make it to pre-auth status and takes me around a month to get access to $520.76 those funds from bank. Sprint’s solution- credit my account the $489.71 (one of the 2 charges that did make it to my card) and give me a $70 and $50 credit, so basically borrowing from ME $520.76 for a month and a half, and then almost $500 more over the next several months, and give me $120 credit for my trouble…
  • In May 2010, I go to work for a company that supplies me a Sprint cellphone, so I call sprint to ask how I can forward my calls from my Sprint service/line to the phone my employer requires me to carry/answer 24x7, instructed on the feature and told as long as to another sprint mobile, NO CHARGES WILL BE INCURRED… Not the case!
  • Feb 2011, I go to the Evansville, IN Sprint store, complain about the Call Forward charges, unaware they were on the bills up to date (wife paying not knowing better) and told that I was instructed incorrectly on the feature and they “supposedly” fixed the issue… To add insult to injury, I buy a headset that is suppose to link to BOTH of the Sprint phones so I can at least not have to carry both on waist, was lied to on the capability of the headset, - It will only link to ONE phone at a time, another $100 down the toilet…
  • Following Month, I call in to Sprint, complaining about the issues, Sprint’s response, for the approx $400 call forward fees and the $100 headset that is worthless for the issues, a $68.95 refund?!?!? To this day I don’t understand that…
  • All through the last 6 months of 2011, wife complaining to both me and Sprint about the LG phone, Sprint refuses to address the issues, “Not eligible for upgrade” wife is ticked and threatens to get phone on another carrier, I ask her to at least wait until 2012- And I buy her the iPhone she wanted from Radio Shack for Christmas 2011, after the transaction and paperwork signed for the phone, agent at store then discloses that the equipment protection policy that I am paying for with Sprint doesn’t cover iPhones and that I have to have “applecare” (another $100) to cover the phone, and I quote, “Lost, dropped, damaged, stolen, it covers everything” So I pay the $100 extra… I call Sprint, seek assistance to once and for all put an end to the call forwarding costs, now OVER $700 worth of them paid to date. And start calling everybody in my contacts giving them my employer provided cell number, warning them I will no longer be actively monitoring the my SPRINT cell number, that last use I make of the phone, it is placed in the desk drawer for emergencies, waiting for contract to expire for possible termination…
  • Summer of 2012, the iPhone is stolen, call Sprint to be told, “sorry bout it” the iPhone is not protected for theft, even though Sprint’s agent, Radio Shack, stated the coverage covered “Lost, dropped, damaged, stolen, it covers everything” and told Sprint is really sorry… To add insult to injury, Sprint is COMPLETELY UNCOOPERATIVE with my local law enforcement investigating 2 different possible locates of the phone with attempted activations, what’s up with that anyway?
  • Christmas 2012, trying to replace the iPhone, go to an Employee Purchasing Group, “unnamed company store” and through the “Company Store” buy a replacement UNLOCKED iPhone 4s that is “Compatible with Sprint/Virgin Mobile” The New phone goes missing after delivery, recovered this week, still sealed in box
  • This Week, Call Sprint to activate the new iPhone 4s, supply MEID, told unable to activate because MEID comes up on some list “Stolen/Lost/Delinquent”, so I call "unnamed comapany store"told that only SEALED products are eligible for return/exchange but only under certain conditions, asked to escalate the case and was told that this would be at least 5-7 days before the case would be decided, and if a return/exchange was authorized another several weeks to actually perform said exchange. It was suggested I go through "company store" paperwork, and see a list of carriers the phone is compatible with, and call then until I found the one that the phone is associated with… When contacting Virgin Mobile, they indicate that they indeed have the MEID associated with an inactive account, IN MY NAME!?!?! I spend HOURS on the phone with then finally convincing them that I DID NOT activate the phone and that IT IS STILL SEALING IN THE BOX. They release the MEID. It is suggested by them that I go to an actual Sprint store to be sure that any issues can be handled by a TRAINED tech/agent
  • Today I go to the sprint store in Bowling Green, KY (Evansville and Bowling Green are my closest stores, both an hour away) Tell the Rep, DO NOT break the seal, MAKE SURE the phone can be serviced on my plan BEFORE opening, 10 minutes later the tech comes back up front announcing, “Sir, we have a problem” I am noting that he has opened the box, thinking he is gonna tell me the phone is broke or something, instead he is telling me that the phone won’t work on the Sprint network, I am thinking, THEN WHY DID HE BREAK THE SEAL?!?!?!

On the phone, a Sprint rep that apparently decides he can placate me into letting the latest issue drop tells me one of my lines os eligible for an upgrade, ARE YOU KIDDING ME, I want as far away from SPRINT as I can go.

To add insult to injury, I have 2 lines, one in contract, 1 is out of contract, I wish to retain the number on the line that is out of contract and release the number of the line that is under a contract, the rep tells me this can't be done, and that they are not in violation of the FCC's number portability act to do me this way. Holdin my telephone number that I PORTED TO THEM in 2009 hostage to keep 2 lines with them, EVEN THOUGH I FULFILED THE CONTRACT with the line than has MY NUMBER that I brought to SPRINT. I am filing complaints to the FTC and the FCC and will take legal action against the store, seeing as how Sprint won't. I am tired of all of the corperate endorsed deceptive tactics of this company and it's affiliates... I feel like Sprint intentionally made the iPhone unreturnable thinking they would pressure me into carrying service with one of their "divisions" Virgin Mobile. we will see about that, save your self greif and heartache find another provider, these people operate without any ethics, and yes sprint, I will put this on as many forums as I can...

Starting tomorrow, I will post this complaint on a different forum every day until Sprint contacts me and addresses my current concerns, I feel that if Sprint refuses to make right the unethical treatment, then I consider it my civic duty to warn fellow consumers of this unethical behavior...

Highlighted
Journeyman

Let me chronologically summarize my experiences with SPRINT- I am VERY disappointed with the quality of service I seem to be rewarded with my loyalty as a GOOD paying customer, this is what I have dealt with since coming to Sprint;

• In the 1st year (2009) had to be sent 4 different Palm Treos because the devices would fail, lock-up, not take calls, basically, the Sprint rendition of the Palm device was unstable…
  • Finally in 2010, prepared to leave for another more reliable carrier/phone, offered the HTC product as a better replacement As I recall I was offered the upgrade for $99, yet almost $3,500 worth of charges attempted against my bank account, $1,010.47 make it to pre-auth status and takes me around a month to get access to $520.76 those funds from bank. Sprint’s solution- credit my account the $489.71 (one of the 2 charges that did make it to my card) and give me a $70 and $50 credit, so basically borrowing from ME $520.76 for a month and a half, and then almost $500 more over the next several months, and give me $120 credit for my trouble…
  • In May 2010, I go to work for a company that supplies me a Sprint cellphone, so I call sprint to ask how I can forward my calls from my Sprint service/line to the phone my employer requires me to carry/answer 24x7, instructed on the feature and told as long as to another sprint mobile, NO CHARGES WILL BE INCURRED… Not the case!
  • Feb 2011, I go to the Evansville, IN Sprint store, complain about the Call Forward charges, unaware they were on the bills up to date (wife paying not knowing better) and told that I was instructed incorrectly on the feature and they “supposedly” fixed the issue… To add insult to injury, I buy a headset that is suppose to link to BOTH of the Sprint phones so I can at least not have to carry both on waist, was lied to on the capability of the headset, - It will only link to ONE phone at a time, another $100 down the toilet…
  • Following Month, I call in to Sprint, complaining about the issues, Sprint’s response, for the approx $400 call forward fees and the $100 headset that is worthless for the issues, a $68.95 refund?!?!? To this day I don’t understand that…
  • All through the last 6 months of 2011, wife complaining to both me and Sprint about the LG phone, Sprint refuses to address the issues, “Not eligible for upgrade” wife is ticked and threatens to get phone on another carrier, I ask her to at least wait until 2012- And I buy her the iPhone she wanted from Radio Shack for Christmas 2011, after the transaction and paperwork signed for the phone, agent at store then discloses that the equipment protection policy that I am paying for with Sprint doesn’t cover iPhones and that I have to have “applecare” (another $100) to cover the phone, and I quote, “Lost, dropped, damaged, stolen, it covers everything” So I pay the $100 extra… I call Sprint, seek assistance to once and for all put an end to the call forwarding costs, now OVER $700 worth of them paid to date. And start calling everybody in my contacts giving them my employer provided cell number, warning them I will no longer be actively monitoring the my SPRINT cell number, that last use I make of the phone, it is placed in the desk drawer for emergencies, waiting for contract to expire for possible termination…
  • Summer of 2012, the iPhone is stolen, call Sprint to be told, “sorry bout it” the iPhone is not protected for theft, even though Sprint’s agent, Radio Shack, stated the coverage covered “Lost, dropped, damaged, stolen, it covers everything” and told Sprint is really sorry… To add insult to injury, Sprint is COMPLETELY UNCOOPERATIVE with my local law enforcement investigating 2 different possible locates of the phone with attempted activations, what’s up with that anyway?
  • Christmas 2012, trying to replace the iPhone, go to an Employee Purchasing Group, “unnamed company store” and through the “Company Store” buy a replacement UNLOCKED iPhone 4s that is “Compatible with Sprint/Virgin Mobile” The New phone goes missing after delivery, recovered this week, still sealed in box
  • This Week, Call Sprint to activate the new iPhone 4s, supply MEID, told unable to activate because MEID comes up on some list “Stolen/Lost/Delinquent”, so I call "unnamed comapany store"told that only SEALED products are eligible for return/exchange but only under certain conditions, asked to escalate the case and was told that this would be at least 5-7 days before the case would be decided, and if a return/exchange was authorized another several weeks to actually perform said exchange. It was suggested I go through "company store" paperwork, and see a list of carriers the phone is compatible with, and call then until I found the one that the phone is associated with… When contacting Virgin Mobile, they indicate that they indeed have the MEID associated with an inactive account, IN MY NAME!?!?! I spend HOURS on the phone with then finally convincing them that I DID NOT activate the phone and that IT IS STILL SEALING IN THE BOX. They release the MEID. It is suggested by them that I go to an actual Sprint store to be sure that any issues can be handled by a TRAINED tech/agent
  • Today I go to the sprint store in Bowling Green, KY (Evansville and Bowling Green are my closest stores, both an hour away) Tell the Rep, DO NOT break the seal, MAKE SURE the phone can be serviced on my plan BEFORE opening, 10 minutes later the tech comes back up front announcing, “Sir, we have a problem” I am noting that he has opened the box, thinking he is gonna tell me the phone is broke or something, instead he is telling me that the phone won’t work on the Sprint network, I am thinking, THEN WHY DID HE BREAK THE SEAL?!?!?!

On the phone, a Sprint rep that apparently decides he can placate me into letting the latest issue drop tells me one of my lines os eligible for an upgrade, ARE YOU KIDDING ME, I want as far away from SPRINT as I can go.

To add insult to injury, I have 2 lines, one in contract, 1 is out of contract, I wish to retain the number on the line that is out of contract and release the number of the line that is under a contract, the rep tells me this can't be done, and that they are not in violation of the FCC's number portability act to do me this way. Holdin my telephone number that I PORTED TO THEM in 2009 hostage to keep 2 lines with them, EVEN THOUGH I FULFILED THE CONTRACT with the line than has MY NUMBER that I brought to SPRINT. I am filing complaints to the FTC and the FCC and will take legal action against the store, seeing as how Sprint won't. I am tired of all of the corperate endorsed deceptive tactics of this company and it's affiliates... I feel like Sprint intentionally made the iPhone unreturnable thinking they would pressure me into carrying service with one of their "divisions" Virgin Mobile. we will see about that, save your self greif and heartache find another provider, these people operate without any ethics, and yes sprint, I will put this on as many forums as I can...

Starting tomorrow, I will post this complaint on a different forum every day until Sprint contacts me and addresses my current concerns, I feel that if Sprint refuses to make right the unethical treatment, then I consider it my civic duty to warn fellow consumers of this unethical behavior...

Journeyman

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.