cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How about a receipt for my phones? Why send me an expired rebate form?

Highlighted
Journeyman

How about a receipt for my phones? Why send me an expired rebate form?

Just bought two upgrade phones.  No purchase receipt came with the phones, only a packing slip. The $50 rebate form  expired 5 days ago. 

Have been on hold for 10-15 minutes listening to junk music to finally get to someone who put me back on hold again   Now I am listening to a message saying what wonderful service Sprint offers. 

Why am I being put through this?

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Master

The packing slip works as proof of purchase much like the receipt does in a retail store.

Instructions and the latest mail-in rebate form to print out are available here: https://shop2.sprint.com/en/promotions/mailInRebate.shtml

Include your sales receipt, email receipt, online order summary printout, or packing slip.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Packing slip does not show the price nor form of payment.   It is a packing slip not a receipt.

Highlighted
Master

The packing slip does have a unique order number however that does resolve back to the amount you paid when processed at the rebate center. It is a valid proof of purchase for the rebates.

https://shop2.sprint.com/en/promotions/mailInRebate.shtmlInclude your sales receipt, email receipt, online order summary printout, or packing slip.

Journeyman

I need a receipt for reimbursement from my company.  How your internal systems work is beside the point.

Why is this so hard?

Highlighted
Journeyman

In any event, I finally resolved this on the phone.  It only took 20-30 minutes.

Highlighted
Master

SeaJim wrote:

I need a receipt for reimbursement from my company.  How your internal systems work is beside the point.

Why is this so hard?

You did not explain that you needed a receipt with cost for reimbursement from your company. Your previous messages were entirely inclusive of the rebate process, they did not mention needing the price to be listed, just that one wasn't. More information about what you needed would have helped me get you the info you needed.

Highlighted
Journeyman

1.  There were two problems with the package.  One, no receipt.  Two, an expired rebate form.

2.  Why do I have to explain what I need a receipt for?  Is it too hard to simply honor a customer request?

3.  There was no response to my query about the expired rebate form. 

I spent 20-30 minutes on the phone to get the information I asked for and again had to argue about why I needed the niformation. 

Frankly I'm mystified at Sprint's insistence on being convinced why they should honor a minor customer request that represents a standard business practice. 

All of this back and forth was a waste of both Sprint's and my time.  Simply sending a receipt and a courteous reply would have been easy and much more efficient.

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.