cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Irony: Sprint's business is 'voice' but they don't honor the things they say

Journeyman

Irony: Sprint's business is 'voice' but they don't honor the things they say

A month or so ago, our latest 2 year contract with Sprint ended.  My husband and I had been looking at new phones – specifically one that supported tethering (we both go to school and work and occasionally need internet access when we don’t have WiFi).  We found that Verizon offers tethering on their phones but couldn’t find similar information on Sprint’s site, so we called Sprint Customer Service.  We talked to a woman in Customer Retention (Erika) who offered us a plan of 2 Samsung Moments with Unlimited Data and we could add tethering to one phone for $15/month.  She also offered us a $20/month credit for being return customers.  We decided to think about it and asked her to call us back.  She called us the following day, reconfirmed the terms and we decided to go with Sprint. 

The phone were shipped to us and arrived on Thurday.  While we were trying to set them up online, the plan that showed up on sprint.com/activate wasn’t the plan we had agreed to, so we called Customer Service.  We talked to two different reps who said that what we had been offered was perfectly documented in our case file, but that it wasn’t a standard plan.  After an hour and a half on the phone, the Customer Service rep (Raymond) said he didn’t want to keep us on the phone and that he would go figure out how to make the deal we agreed to work, and call us back in 15 minutes.  Well, (surprise surprise) two hours later Raymond hadn’t called back.

So, we called Sprint back and spent the next 6 (yes s-i-x) hours on the phone with 7 (yes s-e-v-e-n) customer service representatives.  No one disputed that we had been offered the plan mentioned above, but each person said they didn’t have the authority to override the pricing in the system and would have to pass us off to someone else with ‘more authority’.  Each time, we re-stated our case and then the rep told us they couldn’t do anything and passed the phone call again.   We talked to Mark, Maria, Jeff…..and many others.  Maria even said if the case notes supported our story, we were “golden”.   After affirming that we were “golden” that she passed us off to Jeff….and so on.  Finally, we ended the call with Jeff (and one of the previous service reps) noting in our file that Erika (the rep that signed us up for this agreement) would call us back to resolve the issue within 72 hours which is their standard policy.  Unfortunately, 72 hours have come and gone and we still haven’t heard anything.

I am trying to get Sprint to honor the contractual terms they offered us and we accepted.  I’ve got 2 Moments sitting at home that I can’t use, no tethering, and no support from Sprint.   Further, they’ve switched us to the new contract (but not with the terms we agreed to) and told us we can’t go back to our old one plan because it isn’t offered anymore.  When we spoke to Sprint on Thursday, they said the only way we could get the features we had agreed upon was to pay an extra $60/month.  First, as students we can’t afford all that extra money and second, since they offered us the contract, we accepted it, and there is no dispute that we entered into this contract, we want them to honor the terms. We’ve been with Sprint for 6 or so years and its horrible to believe this is how they treat customers.  Has anyone else had a similar situation that was resolved successfully?  If so, I’d love to hear your story.  I want to make things work with Sprint because I like the coverage and the Moment, but I’m at a total loss.  The next step is to return the phones and swear off Sprint, but I'd rather just get the terms I was promised.... 

Tags (2)
3 REPLIES 3
Journeyman

Re: Irony: Sprint's business is 'voice' but they don't honor the things they say

Have your issues been resolved with Care? If you send me a private message, I'll certainly try to help get this resolved.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Irony: Sprint's business is 'voice' but they don't honor the things they say

I have experienced the same.  Their customer service reps do not seem to have the authority to actually DO what they say they will do.  I sympathize with you having to talk to them for so long.  It is really pathetic.  Hope you get it resolved. I posted mine as a "rant" and thought that at some point Sprint would call me to resolve it.  I would assume (right!?) they are monitoring this (my friend posted on a shoe website about a defect in her shoes and they contacted her within 4 hours!)  It is really a shame that Sprint doesn't care about its customers.  I can't wait until my contract expires.  I will be going with AT&T....give them a try.

Journeyman

haha!  Oooh...I see....they responded to you TWO MONTHS later and told YOU to contact THEM.  Sprint really needs to be exposed to some Customer Service training....

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.