Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Long time customer needs help since Sprint won't give it

Go to solution
Highlighted
Journeyman

Hi,

I've been a customer for close to 10 yrs with sprint.  The last time I renewd my contract was back in 08'.  When I resigned, SPrint really messed up my plan.  I wanted to renew exactly what I had. Threw their fast talking and outright blatant disregaurd for what I asked for, I was put into a different plan instead of renewing.  I wanted to keep my 450min plus added on unlimited texting.  back then they changed it to "unlimited data" with out my consent.  I was charged more and told it was because my old unlimited teting was no longer available. my cost nearly doubled.  A couple of months later i'm getting calls telling me my bill is over 500 for the month. (computer error threw me outof unlimited data and I send over 2,000 text per month because of work).  While a rep has me on the phone they discover the person who renewed my contract screwed me. they were charging me 10 a month for unlimited texting, plus 15 for unlimited data, when unlimited data included texting. They also admited the guy was full of it and I never had to sign on to a new contract I could have renewed the old one.  THEY WOULDN'T REFUND ANY MONEY.  Absolutely ridiculous, but they gave me free unlimited data after that point.   I have not renewed my contract since. it ran out in november of 2010.

I never renewed because my phone (which i pay insurance on) had a problem and when i brought it in they said they no longer sell it (the samsung rant)  and they wouldn't replace it. Neither refurished or with a comprable free phone.  The instore customer service person was very rude.  I explained that with insurance, in 4 years I had paid for the phone several times over. Nope. They wouldn't help me. The guy insisted that my best option was to resign and ge the free phone, but when I resigned I would need a new contract and that would be 69.99 a month pls the 10 premium data.  Let me get this straight.....I have to go from paying 49.99 a month to 79.99 a month plus taxes and fees and insurance, only to receive the free crappy flip phone?  They wanted me to pay $50 additional dollars to get the cheap crappy slid out keyboard phone like my own, but wouldn't give me one of them when they found they couldn't fix my phone. 

my question is.... Can I just buy a phone on ebay for say 200 and hook it up.  if this phone is 4g, will it work, or do i have to resign with the more expensive contract and pay the additional $10 fee (which was originally for 4g but now called premium data).    I have done the research for months before picking a phone, only to be told today i can't just resign my same exact plan. 

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Tags (3)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Journeyman

If you purchase a phone off ebay, craigslist, or any from any other third-party you will not have to renew your sprint contract. You only have to renew your sprint contract when you upgrade your phone with them because you are getting the phone at a discount price.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Master

If you need to activate a phone if it is a smartphone it will require the $10 premium data charge before the billing system will allow us to "save" the new esn for the activation to provision. It is very hard to answer without access to your account so I am sending you a private message - if you reply I will access your account and see exactly which plan you are on and give you an accurate answer.

Larry ~ OKIESTRO

Thanks for using the forums!         To see the status of upgrades in you area go to https://network.sprint.com/

Journeyman

Yes I realize the $10 will be inevitable and happens whether you resign or not because it's about the phone. I just did some reading to better understand that now. 

Anyone else have info interms of having to sign a new plan? I am hesitant to contact sprint or let them bring up my contract.  I don't want to be on the phone or computer for 30 min while they try to upsell me and get me to resign if I don't have to

Journeyman

If you purchase a phone off ebay, craigslist, or any from any other third-party you will not have to renew your sprint contract. You only have to renew your sprint contract when you upgrade your phone with them because you are getting the phone at a discount price.

View solution in original post

Journeyman

thanks for your help, I appreciate it!

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.