cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Over 10 year customer now ready to call it quits - Terrible responses by CS (Customer Service)

Patron

Over 10 year customer now ready to call it quits - Terrible responses by CS (Customer Service)

Saving all the rambling and gory details of the hours I have spent on the phone with CS. .

I no longer have a user agreement with Sprint. To get me to stay they offered me the stupid $10/24mos thing. After reviewing some plans on Sprint and finding a phone to use with a data plan I decided to stick it out. Once I called to get the new plan and upgrade the phone I was told I needed to wait on the phone upgrade (even though I am not under contract). Well, understanding how the discounts on the phones work and how the discounts are recouped in the two year agreement, I asked how they would get their money back if I ported my number out tomorrow. One lady told me I was trying to fraud the system. Lol. Thanks.

Now I have been polite with everyone one I have talked to, but I have gotten some down right rude people from CS. I take down names and call times but I don’t believe there is any culpability taken by the reps. I have spoken with two managers. One of which actually listened to me and then put me on hold for 45 mins before I got disconnected and the other who interrupted me a lot and told me she couldn’t do anything.

It seems every time I call back and get rude people they read some notes attached to my account and get snippy with me. I can just imagine the one sided comments they put in the system to cover their butts. It seems like an episode straight out of Seinfeld only with a twist from Hitchcock.

I guess the pure economics of the issue confuse me. I am willing to stay with sprint and sign a new 2 year agreement. In exchange I will spend $25 more on a plan per month plus an additional $7 for phone insurance vs. loosing me as a customer all together. I am also part of a large corporation that does business with Sprint. We now have another option for work numbers through a different carrier. I will be sure to relay my problems with Sprint to our IT Manager at work. My business may not matter but when I start to affect larger $’s of their business maybe they will get the point and do something about their service.

How to I get a hold of a decision maker that cares? Sprint lost 1.3 million customers last year and 1.62 billion dollars, I now see why. After doing some shopping around for plans and phones I will be switching away from Sprint after 10+ years. I have spent over $6,000 with Sprint and have not received any gratitude from them, only rude CS personnel reading from a script.

I wish Dan Ness would hear about these issues because his customer service personnel aren’t listening. !

20 REPLIES 20
Journeyman

Re: Over 10 year customer now ready to call it quits - Terrible responses by CS (Customer Service)

Everybody needs to  understand that the upgrade eligibility has nothing to do with your current contract (or  not having a contract like in your case).  It is based on when last time that line was upgraded.. that is it, simple as that. So in your case if you are not up for an upgrade and you have to wait until x date.. if you port out ur number sprint it would not be a problem for sprint, since you have already fullflilled your 2 yrs SA at the time you opened your line or since last time your line was upgraded to a new phone.

Patron

Re: Over 10 year customer now ready to call it quits - Terrible responses by CS (Customer Service)

I did not fulfill my 2 year agreement. That is why with me leaving, Sprint will be out the money they wanted to recoup during the 2 year agreement. That is also why they have early termination fees, which I did not have to pay. Basically without keeping me as a customer they are adding to the big red number from last year and not subtracting from it to at least try to get the company in the black.

Why is it no one can tell me what this upgrade secret is at Sprint? One person tells me they can check on approvals to get the dates bumped, others say you can’t do anything. I am sure the method behind it is an econ 101 formula that does not apply to my account because of the lack of agreement fulfillment and lack of early termination fee. I am sure the phone mfg isn’t mandating it because Sprint is recouping the discount on the phone each month on every ones plan.

Info from 4 qtr 09

Sprint, the third-largest wireless operator in the U.S., said it lost about 1.3 million subscribers during the fourth quarter. It now has about 49.3 million subscribers. The majority of the losses came from the highly coveted contract-customers, of which Sprint lost about 1.1 million.

Sprint's continued customer loss comes as bigger rivals AT&T and Verizon Wireless add customers. AT&T reported last month that it added 2.1 million subscribers during the fourth quarter, while Verizon Wireless added 1.4 million.

Journeyman

Please do email all the CS names to     dan@sprint.com         .... I Bet someone will get back to you!

They only way we can have SPRINT get rid of the *******people in CS is to Complain. If you give names and times I know for a TURE Fact they do LOOK IN TO IT!  I know how *******some of them can be I'v had it  it may times my self.. But I also have had some that could not have been any more helpful.. I now have a Store in Seattle That is a COMPANY store that is SECOND TO NON IN CUSTOMER SERVICE.

The Northgate Seattle Store you could not ask for any place to be more helpful. Good luck to you Complain to Dan PLEASE! before you jump ship.

Message was edited by: izzyks

Patron

I will send the e-mail with names, dates, times with a comment on each person but I do not believe I will get anywhere with it. I used to  rave about Sprint to other people until I had to deal with their customer service dept. Now I just tell people the reality of Sprint.

Journeyman

Great. Please let us all know what happens. And all the best to you. If its not resolved this way for you. But i kinda think it will be.  Let us know and I have a "MR BIG" Phone number thats in Corporate and i'll  be happy to call him for you.  I want Sprint to Be NUMBER ONE again!

Patron

Thank you for the concerm lynfordd. Sprint is very lucky to have you as a customer.

Journeyman

Message was edited by: sprint-expert

Highlighted
Patron

I do not have a contract and I opted out of my contract after having other issues with Sprint. I did not pay an ETF. I opted out after 9 months. Therefor without retaining me as a customer they are losing out on any recovery of any costs dicounted to me in the past before my two year was up.

No, it does not clear anything up. What is the discounted upgrade based on. Dont say 22 or 12. I mean what is the reasoning behind it. Who mandates it? Is it purley based on Sprints recovery of the discount amount per the length of the agreement? There are ways around it, one of the managers I talked to said there was.  After all the screw jobs I have had to deal with in the last 4 months Sprint isnt even willing to try and rectify the situation.

With out the upgrade, why would I spend more money to stay with Sprint? A $475 phone prorated over 12 months is $40.00! If another carrier will offer me the phone for $50 or free... I am saving alot of money and Sprint is losing another customer.

Journeyman

you did not pay an ETF or you were  not charged ETF?? let's get that part clear please.  Sprint contracts are 2 yrs minimun.

Journeyman

why do you think there is a way around it?  You have to wait before you can get discounts on a new phone.. this is the same for all carriers, if you want to cancel during your contract, you know you will be charged ETF, you can gowith verizon or att,..of course you will get a discount on a new phone because you will be on a 2  year contract with them too., you will be charged an activation fee.. ect.. . then if you want to play same game with them, they will charge ETF.. so really there is no way around it. Now if you think you can get away with not paying ETF, then mess up ur credit.

Message was edited by: sprint-expert

Patron

ETF - I did not pay one and I wasn't charged one. Sprint had made a change to the agreement; this allows a grace period for users to terminate the agreement without penalty. During my last discourse with Sprint I asked to have it terminated because of issues on my account.

¿Entienda a experto?

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.