cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone Upgrade Problems

Highlighted
Patron

Phone Upgrade Problems

I recently contacted Sprint to change from my Nextel service to Sprint. There was an issue with the upgrade dates on the phone. I spoke to a supervisor on 11/15/09 and was assured that the upgrade date on one phone would be bumped up to the other (1month) and I would be able to purchase my phones with a new plan on 11/18/09. I was told I could upgrade 14 days before the actual upgrade date which is 12/1/09 and to call back on the 18th to do the transaction. I called today and found out that the phone that was to be bumped up was actually now eligble for upgrade, but the other phone which was previously eligible would now not be able for upgrade now. I called several times and was repeatedly put on hold just to get a different answer to my questions each time. The point is, I was told I could upgrade, then told only one phone could upgrade and now the phone that was eligible is now not eligible. If you are confused, imagine how I feel after talking to 7 different people and getting 4 different answers.

Tags (1)
5 REPLIES 5
Master

Re: Phone Upgrade Problems

Unfortunately I can't help directly with your issue, I work in a retail store and can only pull up accounts for customers in the store.

However, I would recommend checking the eligibility on www.sprintrebates.com/ and see what it states for each of the numbers there. That page should pull from the database whatever date the system thinks you should be eligible for the upgrade. What that reports one way or the other should be the information that also pulls up in other systems. That way you can see for yourself, independent of what the rep is saying.

Granted, that won't show you any notes on your account that may authorize or state otherwise, it will at least let you see what the system is reporting the date should be.

Patron

I know my eligibility dates, the problem is I have 2 phones. One was eligible 12/1/09 and the other was 1/1/10. I asked if sprint could do anything to help me so I could take advantage of the Motorola i465 buy1 get1 free deal. I was told they could push the 1/1/10 date to 12/1/09 making both phones eligible on 11/18/09.

I checked online recently and found that the phone with the 1/1 date is now eligible and the other is still the 12/1 date. I was told I could upgrade 14 days early, but now am told that sprint does not do that. My question is, can I upgrade a phone 14 days prior to my actual date and if not, why was I told by 2 different employees I could? Also, why push up one phone 6 weeks but not the other that is only 2 weeks away?

Message was edited by: a1580082

Master

As far as I know there isn't a specific policy for bumping upgrades forward 2 weeks. I've never heard of it. It may have just been something that those reps specifically were looking at doing. But in store we also tend to have different options as well as different systems we use compared to the Care and Telesales reps.

Patron

Patron

I received a call from sprint today and was informed the phone deal I was looking for would still be in effect on my upgrade date. If I had been told this in the beginning and not that the offer would have expired before that date I would not had a week of phone tag and constant holding. Had sprint honored their origional offer I would not be here either. I was anxious to switch from Nextel to sprint as I have heard the service in my area is better than my nextel coverage. I have to go outside to talk on my nextel phone.

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.