Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Poor customer retention offers

Journeyman

Poor customer retention offers

I have been with Sprint for 12 years and we usually pay about $200 per month.  For the last several months the phones we have do not hold a charge and they are useless.  I called because we are almost out of contract and I wanted to see if Sprint would help us out since we have been with them for so long.    I did look a similar plan with Tmobile and the rates at Tmobile are about $10-$20 cheaper per month.  I asked if they could match the offer so I do not have to switch.  After talking with the retention department for almost an hour, they did offer me one month of free service which is only worth about $150 but that does not even cover the extra money I would have to pay with Sprint.

I asked to talk to a manager in the retention department who promptly hung up on me.  If you are looking for loyalty from Sprint, stop looking.  You are better off going to another carrier because Sprint does not value its customers.

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted

Re: Poor customer retention offers

I understand, but if your phones are not working, then they would send you a replacement. Since you was almost out of contract they offered 1 month of free service. To me that is a good deal, but that wa syour choice. When I called I usually get the $70.00 credit toward my bill if I extend 2 more years. I do that because I'm now going anywhere soon.  I'm a 10 year patron and I know I can't get free service all the time. But being hung up on is not good. I hope though what ever you choose it works wout for you.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I informed them that my phones were not working about 2 months ago.  They said I could get a replacement phone but it would cost me over $200 for just the basic phone.  If I purchase a phone, it should last at least two years without breaking down (actually the phone won't hold a charge and a lot of customers have complained about this).

Also, when you call you said you get a $70 credit.  How many lines do you have.  I have 5 lines, so if I get $70 per line, I should get a $350 credit.  They only offered me half of that.

If there phones keep breaking down, then I am better off going to another company.

Highlighted
Journeyman

sometimes the same retention offer isnt offered at the same time,.i recvd the $70 bill crdit before and i when my contract was up that offer was presented anymore it was an choice of 1 month service or $50 per line.i took the 1 month becuz it was greater.as far as matching another company offer i font think no one will do that with any company.Tmobile has crappy coverage.i rank the cell networks 1)VZW 2)Sprint 3)ATT 4)Tmobile.so with Tmobile being the worst i cant see price matching them.they have low plans bcuz the network sucks.its like shopping at the $1 store, price value with little quality.you should have checked your upgrade dates and stacked the retention offer with upgrade for max value.also not all customers get the same offers from retention either.but free service is free service.and u have to remeber that the cell companies dont make the phones.

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.