ForumTopicPage
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shipping out and can't use phone or internet...

Journeyman

Shipping out and can't use phone or internet...

Hello Sprint Community!

I seemed to have reached a dilemma. I ship out next month to Basic Combat Training (BCT) and wont have the use of my phone or be able to pay my bill online on-time. Now as much as I wouldn't mind paying the bill while I'm away, I'm more worried that if I don't pay the bill on-time I'll be shut off and Sprint will charge me for the $300 phone, also putting a negative on my credit score. If anyone has any suggestions please feel free to lend a helping hand.

PVT Torres

PA ARNG

3 REPLIES 3
Journeyman

Re: Shipping out and can't use phone or internet...

Mmm nothing huh? Ouch.

Master

You can take a copy of your deployment papers into a corporate store (not sure if preferred retailers can do it) and they can put the line on a military suspension.

However I know it requires deployment papers, seeing as you are going to basic I'm not sure if it qualifies since it wouldn't really be a deployment. I haven't had that particular question before. I will take a look and see what I can find internally for a bit more clarification about it.

These forums aren't meant as a primary place for time sensitive information. It is setup more for customers to assist each other with some employees helping where we can. Quicker answers will be available by going into a local store or calling into Care to get clarification compared to when I will have a chance to look at the internal information when I'm at work (retail employee so I do this in between customers usually).

Master

Everything that I can find specifically states it is overseas deployments. Going to basic, etc. that is within the country is not applicable for a military suspension. I do see that the Account Services (cancellation) department through *2 can also put a line on a military suspension in addition to corporate stores being able to. It does not have to be the account holder that is being deployed, just the primary user of that particular line of service.

If you have more than one line on the account then the other lines would still be responsible for the monthly charges they would incur. If you are on a family plan with only 2 lines then that second line would have to be changed to an individual plan.

A military suspension reduces the monthly recurring charge to $0.00 for the suspended line. Any add-ons like TEP, would be removed when the line is suspended so you are not charged for those during the suspension.

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.