cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sprint Stole My Rent!

Journeyman

Sprint Stole My Rent!

Since appearantly I have too much to say to send an email to sprint, I am forced to express my outrage publicly.

On April 1, 2010 I called customer service to upgrade my phone to the htc hero. I was so anxious to get this phone I was willing to ignore a bit of confusion over the price and the fact that the woman with which I was speaking seemed to be originally unsure of the official price. Having to pay more than I originally expected, I asked to split the charges between my credit card and my debit card. I was informed that my credit card was declined, which didn't make sense at the time, so I put the entire charge on my debit card. I later discovered that there were five seperate charges on my card totaling more than $700 from sprint for a phone that I understood to cost $250! My heart dropped at this realization, knowing that part of the money taken had already been allocated to cover the rent check I had just written. Sprint stole my rent. I immediately called customer service and spent almost an hour trying to resolve this issue. Eventually, the call ended with me having to ask my bank to reverse the charges until further notice... I am fairly sure that the financial side of this issue has been resolved. However, I would like to express my utter outrage at the grief this situation caused me as well as the fact that this is not my first time being erroneously charged for something by sprint.

This will be my last renewal of my contract with sprint.

Chris

Tags (1)
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Sprint Stole My Rent!

5 seperate charges? That really blows. I guess the agent didn't know what she was doing. You should of contacted a sales supervisor and gotten something from the mix up. Maybe like 50% off the phone price in the end. But yeah, the best way to remove the charges is to just let the credit card company reverse the charges so you did right by that.

In reality the best way to buy a phone is online. No activation or shipping charges. Oh and less risk of human mistake

Journeyman

Hey sorry to hear about your problem. Yeah i have had bad experiences with sprint ever time i buy a phone from them. I have learned the best way is to actually by from a third party retail store. Best buy is one of the best cuz u get the instant rebate. U dont have to worry about paying more upfront then the worry of mailing the rebate to get your money back. Also radio shack is pretty good too they have alot of specials and alot of secret discounts. I just bought the moment from radio shack with no upgrade at all and barely paid half of full retail price.

Journeyman

the best place to get a sprint phone is online. no upgrade fees or shipping and handling. plus most of the time you get overnight shipping.

Wizard

If you'll send me a private message with your contact info, I will forward on to someone that might be able to help.

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.