cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sprint is the poorest excuse for customer service!

Highlighted
Journeyman

Sprint is the poorest excuse for customer service!

I have been a Sprint customer since 2000.  I am finally at the point where I am completely finished with Sprint!  I recently moved to another city (in the same state) and now I don't get coverage PERIOD. I'm currently staying with my parents which is right down the road from where my home is being built.  The problem is that I don't get coverage.  There is one spot in the house which is right next to the bed in my room where I can get a faint signal if I crouch down between the bed and table.  If I happen to move 1mm to the left, right, front or back, I loose that faint signal.  My phone is constantly dead due to the fact that it constantly searches for service.  That little satellite moves around, yet I still get no service.  My b/f is also on my plan and since we moved together, neither of us have been able to use our phones. I also handle my account and billing over the computer.  Simple, right?  WRONG!

I have not received a bill via email or through the mail for 2 months.  It has slipped my mind as I moved, started back to school and my life is currently being lived out of boxes. Before I moved, I called Sprint to tell them that I had not received my bill even though I updated my email and mailing address.  I was told that it was handled and yet there was no explanation for why I was not receiving my bill.  It was suggested that perhaps I didn't make the change in the computer.  Of course, Mysprintpcs showed the correct information as I mentioned to her.  I was told that it was handled and that everything was ok.  Well, I know that sprint has my email address because I just received a collection letter this past week via email.  The very same phantom email address that Sprint does not have, apparently.  I used my parent's home phone to call customer service last Friday and was told that they needed to change it in their computer (in customer service).  Mind you, this is the same customer service that I contacted prior to moving and verified everything as was old that everything was handled.  Why on earth would I be required to contact Sprint via phone when I handle my account online?  It makes absolutely no sense!  I also mentioned that we are not getting service on our phones.  She transferred me to their technical service line to see if they could fix it.  Of course, they could not even test the phone due to it being dead!  I was offered a solution, however; I was told that I can purchase a "mini tower" for $99.99 and a fee of $1.99 a month!  This on top of the $100 a month we already spend on 2 phones we can not even use!

The technical guy told me that there was a strong signal here (implying that I was lying about not being able to use my phones).  He can clearly see by my minutes used (or lackthereof), that this is the case.  When I told him that I was going to make the plunge to change carriers, he said that none of the other carriers were able to provide me with a signal.  I informed him that both of my parents have cell phones.  My dad is with AT&T and gets excellent coverage and my mom is with TMobile and she also gets great coverage.  They both talk freely on their cell phones - right in front of me!  When my sister visits on the weekends with her Verizon phone, she get's great coverage also!

I have to mention that after I lived here for 2 weeks, I received a call from customer service asking me how satisfied I was with Sprint.  I told the woman that I was not satisfied with the service because I am unable to use it as it keeps cutting out.  That's all I got out before the phone cut out.  I never heard back from her.  Sprint could not make it more obvious that they just don't care about their customer.  I have been a customer for 9 years now and I have to say, I will not be a customer for one more year!

The absolute only thing that has kept me from cancelling my contract is the fact that I will not give them the satisfaction of a $400 fee for absolutely nothing!  My contract is not up until August 2010 and right now I'm weighing my options......

Message was edited by: chadsgirl374

29 REPLIES 29
Highlighted

I think not. Their pick up time is immidiate, and getting issues resolved takes less than ten. It's the Tier 2 tech's you've got to worry about. The one that i've gotten every time i've called has been a pompous African-American woman with an attitude. That is the only gripe i've had. But i'll still rate it as a 5 star service.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Ms motherbear102, if you recived  a defective phone from asurion they should be able to replace it again with the same model, the only way that they cant help you is to get a different device! then you would have to wait till the upgrade elegibillity date to chage you phone. but please understand that  it is not possible to get un upgrade just because someone wants a new device is just not possible.  (i want a new car and is not BS that i can get it) but please call the insurance dep (asurion) and explain the problem again and im sure it can be fixed. and to get the customer service that you deserve plase remeber to ask for the customer rep name and id number AFTER you give your cell # and password. and if you have a way to track the the rep, is more likely to give you a better service!

Highlighted
Journeyman

Very well written and sorry to hear you had problems.

Most people will never take the time to reply with good info. so this might be the only one you read here...

I have been with Sprint / Nextel for 7+ yrs. and have to say they are getting better all the time. Ya, I sitll get a rep who doesn't know all the answers from time to time but you can't expect perfection. I have the airave in my home because I live in a concrete house with poor signal. The signal used to be 0 inside so they gave me the airave FREE ( broadband signal tower). Now it's 5 bars. signal has improved in the past year outside too. I travel all over the state of florida for work and must say the sprint home area is getting better every day. All the grey roaming on map is outdated. I see very little roaming and only in BFE.I didn't realize but my phone had been on sprint only so it wouldn't roam ( my mistake ) because I switched it and forgot. My point is I always had service and didn't realize this until lately. I was out in BFE and was loosing a signal in a certain spot so I called and asked CSR for solution and found my phone should have been on auto. I switched it and the roaming icon appeared along with 3 bars. It was verizon who had a tower in the area. Either way we don't pay for roaming so it doesn't really matter other than the call was not as clear on verizon.

I've only had 1 problem with my LG phone in the past 4 yr. and it was because somebody dropped it. I took it to a sprint repair center and they could not fix it. The guy said he happened to have a replacement and called it a manufacturer defect on the old one. The old one was almost 2 yr. old and I don't have insur. on phone. I don't know this guy and had never seen him before, he just took care of the problem. See, I have never had a problem with sprint that was not resolved so when I read these types of problems it makes me wonder what is the rest of the story.

I just added data to my plan and because the phone had been locked to prevent this before it had to be set up to work again. CSR, then another and another, then tech support and another, then adv. tech support. To make a long story short they ended up giving me a $20 credit for taking so long and the tech did call me back every time as promised. My Verizon DSL / phone co. that cost as much per mo. had worse service so I don't have them any more. Switched to Brighthouse cable and they were a PITA because they use sub contractors like Sprint 3rd party stores. See everybody can have problems, guess it just depends on your luck that day : )

Hints: check service in your area and go with the best carrier you can afford. If indoor service is the only problem, get airave. Sometimes sh_t happens and you just have to make the best of it. Good Luck!

Highlighted
Journeyman

why are you calling Sprint?  Just order another replacement from Assurion...that's what the insurance is for.   If Assurion sent u a POS, it's not a Sprint problem.  That's like calling Ford because State Farm didn't replace the car you totalled to your satisfaction.   You signed that contract with Sprint and they have no reason to ammend it early...get another one from Assurion and keep replacing them for 3 months if you have to.

Highlighted
Journeyman

How long have you had the phone that you got from Asurion?  Asurion does provide a short warranty for the phones they send.  Call them first.  Let me know if you haven't gotten anywhere after that.

Highlighted
Master

Asurion warrants replacement units to be free of mechanical, electrical and/or system defects for 12 months from receipt of the phone. Call Asurion Customer Care at 1-800-584-3666 within 12 months to report the defect.

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.