cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Still no HTC EVOs???

Journeyman

Still no HTC EVOs???

This is just getting ridiculous, they make a big stink about this phone, and unfortunatly I wasn't due to reup my contract until Aug 1.  They told me "oohh you get free activation and shipping when you order the phone online"  Well that woudl be lovely if they ever had it IN STOCK??  Is there any idea when we will be able to GET those?  I could go to best buy, but then i have to pay the activation fee...  I just think its ridiculous that I've been looking for a whole month, just about everyday to see if that phone is in stock, and not once has it every been there..what is the deal sprint!

3 REPLIES 3
Journeyman

Re: Still no HTC EVOs???

I would like to know why the Evo is a phone made exclusively for Sprint, but they never have any in stock while other distributor's such as Best Buy keep steady shipments coming.  I have had a similar experience, but caved in and bought the Evo from Best Buy only to drop the phone after having it for one week!  If you think it's difficult to get the Evo from Sprint, try dealing with Assurion(the insurance company)!  After paying $100 deductible I was told my phone would be delivered in 1-2 business days only to find out at the end of that time that my phone was actually on back order and it would be delivered in 5-7 business days.  On the 7th business day was told 7-10 business days.  After calling Sprint to complain and threaten to terminate my service, I was told that I 'am a valued customer, but the issue is between you and Assurion' and therefore Sprint could not do anything to accomodate me.  What I find comical is that in the amount of time it actually took them to send my phone (11 days), Best Buy had received at least two shipments of the Evo.  I also found out that if I had purchased Best Buy's protection program I could have gotten a replacement phone right off their shelf.  Best Buy is the best source to upgrade even with the activation fee. But I am definitely not renewing my contract!

Highlighted
Journeyman

I ordered my HTC EVO through RadioShacks website 10 days ago. No phone yet. My girlfriend walks into Radio Shacks store in New Jersey 3 days ago and signs a waiting list for the EVO and picks it up today... WTH??  Of course, when I called the websites number, they all but called me a liar and it was impossible that my friend got her phone from one of their stores that fast.  I am really getting peeved off over this situation....... This is truly poor management....... These phones should have been ready in the HTC warehouse months ago.... No one used good judgement when ordering the initial inventory.  This is the first 4g phone and you order 3..... I have some friends on Facebook that have left Sprint over this situation.  I wonder whats gonna happen the the Epic is released..... I hope you order more than 3

Master

The HTC EVO isn't the only phone having inventory issues; the HTC Droid Incredible, Motorola Droid X, Google Nexus One (before being discontinued), and HTC Desire (essentially an HTC branded Nexus One with Sense), among others, are all having parts shortages, and hence not having the phones available for sale because they aren't coming from the manufacturers. This is why some devices manufacturers are swapping parts out and trying to get similar parts from other sources that weren't in place initially. For example with the Nexus One and HTC Desire, HTC is now swapping the AMOLED for some SLCD screens from a different manufacturer to help with the inventory issues becuase there aren't enough AMOLEDs available.

Sprint is receiving shipments of the EVO regularly, but due to a global smartphones parts shortage there simply aren't enough for the demand even though phones are on order from HTC. Some stores around the country are still working on their waiting lists, others like my store no longer have a waiting list and are on a first come first served basis like all other phones. It depends how many people in your area and at that particular store are wanting the phone. We aren't receiving a ton of the phones each day due to the parts shortage, but it is a fairly steady stream, enough that we haven't had customers waiting since the launch anymore in our area.

Unfortunately there's no way to know for sure what parts are causing the issues. It could be the screen, the camera sensor, the WiFi radio, or even something as small as the kickstand or housing. If any one of these parts aren't available then the device can't be built and it has to sit and wait until everything is available.

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.