cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TERRIBLE customer service from Sprint call center? Yes.

Journeyman

TERRIBLE customer service from Sprint call center? Yes.

This is in regards to my 2nd call ever to Sprint's customer care center. The call clocked in at 50 minutes and led to absolutely no resolution. After being a Verizon customer for about 10 years Sprint's pricing lured me in.  So I went to a retail location in Round Rock, TX. I received excellent service there. No complaints about that store.  The guy at the store signed me up and told me within a few hours my old number would be ported to my new Sprint phone.  I get home and receive a call from Sprint customer service (not the retail store) that an error was made.  Apparently the guy at the retail store got a number switched on my phone number when he entered it into their system. (the guy at the store apologized and handled it professionally) So I had to go through the entire application process again over the phone (w/ customer care) from scratch. And since their computer was trying to port an incorrect number under my name I had to wait 2 more days before it would actually get activated. Guess their computers had to reboot. Since I had to wait an additional 2 days to get activated and since I had to do the application process two separate times I requested to the lady on phone with customer care that my activiation fee be waived due to Sprint's mistake and my inconvenience. $36 dollars. The customer care lady agreed and said that would be fine.

I get my first bill and the activation fee is there. I call customer care. They say they see no records of anyone promising to remove activation fee. Guess I should've got the name of the lady who told me she would credit me but I didn't think calling Sprint would be like trying to prove a court case. I explain my situation. First guy (Oscar Villa?) says he cannot credit my bill. Second lady (Valerie) says she cannot credit my bill. Third guy (Ivan) at call center says he will not credit my bill.  3 different people, no help from either one. Third guy explains that retail stores have been telling people to call customer care to get activation fee waived and that they are no longer going to do that for customers. I explain I'm not trying to get it waived because they told me to call I'm trying to get it waived because due to Sprint's mistake it took two extra days and two application tries to even get me activated. I said forget about the whole activation fee, I just want to request a credit to my bill due to Sprint's mistake that led to an inconvenience and a waste of my time. He said to go to the retail store and try to get help there.

If it wasn't such a pain to switch carriers I would switch back to Verizon. If I ever get this type of service again from Sprint I will switch back even it it costs twice as much as it took to switch in the first place. The number 1 reason customers leave a company or stop shopping at a store is because of poor customer service. Price, quality of product, and everything else means nothing if the people you have to deal with refuse to help you. It felt like the retail store was a completely different company than the customer care center I called. Each person I spoke to at customer care told me to go to the retail store to try and solve my problem.  They were basically talking trash about the retail store acting like it was their fault. 10 years at Verizon and was never treated like this. Less than a month at Sprint I'm pissed off enough to write a whole page.

UPDATE: AFTER EMAILING SPRINT ABOUT MY PROBLEM MY ACCOUNT WAS CREDITED. PROBLEM SOLVED EASILY, SO SPRINT CAME THROUGH. JUST DON'T GO THROUGH THEIR CALL CENTER IF YOU WANT HELP.

Message was edited by: daveskoe

4 REPLIES 4
Journeyman

Re: TERRIBLE customer service from Sprint call center? Yes.

Wow! I wish I would have done a simple google search beore switching. I have had major problems with the call center including Marie in account services hanging up on me. Now I search and find numerous complaints. I have attached my review from Amazon, and I will also be filing a complaint with the BBB.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Seeing how you have been with other companies I am sure you are aware to get everything in writing. When you signed up you should have gotten a CONTRACT which had your charges including activation fees, phone fees, pro rated monthly charges, phone fees and estimated tax and surcharges that you agreed too. If on your contract or packing slip these fees were not disclosed then you have a leg to stand on but from my experience it is always on the contract and paperwork you agreed to when you signed up. Get everything in writing!

Journeyman

Now that you mentioned it.... I just pulled out my packing slip. It lists the charges for my phones. I knew the price of my plan because after ordering the phones, I went through and chose the specifics of my plan. The charges were listed. They surely couldn't list prorated fees....They didn't know when my phone would arrive and be activated. Do you think it would show an activation fee for a 6th phone when I only ordered 5 phones. The person or persons reviewing my case didn't even bother to look at my bill. I was charged 6 activation fees. They just denied the whole credit. But anyway, my biggest complaint is with the customer service, When is it ok to hang up on a customer? When is it ok to say I m going to investigate and call you back but never call back? When is it ok to say we will credit these fees and this is the amount you will owe but don't reveal that this has to be approved first? I was within my 30 days when that deal was negotiated. I could cancel without penalty. Conveniently, that time has passed. Now I find out the credit needed approval. That goes beyond poor customer service. I've submitted my complaint to the FCC,

Journeyman

I think it's up to us, the paying customers, to let these companies know how we really feel.  If you don't like something, don't buy it.  Go someplace where you are treated with respect, and get what you're paying for!  Help put an end to corporate bullying!

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.