cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trouble texting a contact ... not worth the $$ if I can't text ..

Highlighted
Journeyman EKJ
Journeyman

Trouble texting a contact ... not worth the $$ if I can't text ..

I have a Samsung Moment and I am unable to text one cell phone number in my contacts list.  I have tried deleting this contact, rebooting the phone and re entering the contact.  I have also tried to text this number without it being saved in my contact list.  I have even tried changing the name the contact is listed under.  I use my phone mainly for texting and if I can't text I might as well go back to my old carrier.  I would rather be able to use the features I pay for than to pay for ones I can't use.

Does anyone know how to fix this?

Message was edited by: ErinJostes

Tags (2)
5 REPLIES 5
Journeyman

Re: Trouble texting a contact ... not worth the $$ if I can't text ..

About the only thing I can think of is the person you're texting has text messaging blocked by their carrier.

Journeyman EKJ
Journeyman

My other friend also has Sprint & the same phone and she is able to text the number with no issues so there is no block. ...

Master

Is it possible that they blocked text messages from you specifically?

Can you text other people just fine? People on the same carrier?

If you can text others (especially those on the same carrier), but that one person can't get your messages then I am inclined to say they have messaging blocked from your number.

Journeyman EKJ
Journeyman

its my best friendsnumberand she is able to text me i just cant reply ... and apparently my shift and symbol keys dont work on here when i use my phone either

Master

Please take your phone into the nearest Sprint repair center to be looked at. Here is a link to find the location nearest you.

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.