cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying to cancel an order.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Last night, I decided to switch from my current cell phone holder to Sprint and signed up for a new phone service. The process went well and Sprint even took out money from my bank account, thus making me think everything was complete. Then, I get an e-mail saying that my order was on hold because Sprint needed some additional information. I called Sprint up and they told me that I had to pay $100 plus other fees to get my "FREE" phone. I refused to pay for it and I wanted to know if I can cancel my order and get my money back and not get charged for the contract fee that's usually $200.

3 REPLIES 3
Journeyman

You usually have 30 days to cancel if your not happy with the service.  Your actually best off going into a Sprint location to set up an account if its your first time with them. 

Journeyman

Sprints 30 day guarantee as shown at the bottom of this page under Learn About, reads as follows

For new customers and customers adding new lines of service

We love and believe in our products and services. We’re confident you will too. That’s why, as a new customer or an existing customer adding a new line of service we’ll give you 30 days to try us for free.

If for any reason you’re not happy and want to cancel service, just call us to deactivate and return to the original place of purchase to return your undamaged phone or mobile broadband card and we’ll:

Refund monthly charges incurred as part of your service plan*

Refund the activation fee

Refund the purchase price of your device

Waive the Early Termination Fee

Waive the restocking fee

Refund taxes and Sprint surcharges associated with the above charges

*You'll be responsible for extras like usage not included in your plan (i.e. charges for exceeding your Anytime Minute or Data allowance on your voice or data plan; voice, text or data usage not included in your plan or add-on; pay-as-you go charges, etc.), premium content (i.e. digital downloads, songs, games, applications, etc.), 3rd-party billing, international charges and any taxes and Sprint surcharges associated with such extras.

*Please note: If you do not return your device within 15 days of deactivating service, a $200 Early Termination Fee will be applied to your account.

My suggestion is to take advantage of it and go somewhere else.

Master

Last night, I decided to switch from my current cell phone holder to Sprint and signed up for a new phone service. The process went well and Sprint even took out money from my bank account, thus making me think everything was complete. Then, I get an e-mail saying that my order was on hold because Sprint needed some additional information. I called Sprint up and they told me that I had to pay $100 plus other fees to get my "FREE" phone. I refused to pay for it and I wanted to know if I can cancel my order and get my money back and not get charged for the contract fee that's usually $200.

It sounds like this was a hold and not an actual charge.  If you don't proceed it will autocancel in the system and never ship.  If the item did happen to ship - just refuse shipment. 

Larry ~ OKIESTRO

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.