cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WHY SHOULD ANYONE STAY WITH SPRINT?

Journeyman

WHY SHOULD ANYONE STAY WITH SPRINT?

Sprint has by far the worst customer service department I have ever encountered. Is it to much to ask that when I am transferred that the person I was just speaking with talks to who I am being transferred to so I don't have to repeat myself again and again. Also these cheesy terrible lines that they most likely are forced to say do nothing but drive me crazy. NO YOU DON'T "Understand my frustration", you don't "Apologize for my trouble" YOU DON'T CARE AND THAT'S OK. I don't expect any costumer service rep to care personally about me or my phone, all i excpect them to do is answer my questions to the best of their knowledge. That leads me to the next thing, these people are *****, i would for once like to talk to costumer service rep that knows more than me about my phone and the network it is on the FIRST time i call not the tenth. Does sprint not realize that most people use there cell phone as there primary phone if not there only phone. How would you like me to not be calling from my cell phone when i have a technical issue WHEN IT IS MY ONLY PHONE.  Overall i am very disappointed in sprint i have had constant issues with them since switching to them recently. I would advise anyone to NOT GO TO SPRINT IF YOU ARE LOOKING FOR QUALITY SERVICE. I AM COUNTING THE DAYS TILL MY CONTRACT IS UP SO I CAN DROP THEM.

Message was edited by: Moderator

Message was edited by: izzyks

25 REPLIES 25
Journeyman

Re: WHY SHOULD ANYONE STAY WITH SPRINT?

At the same time, when any trouble shooting steps you'll need to do cannot be done while talking on that very same phone, how do you expect to get any help? 

Journeyman

HAHA i registered just to answer this:

Use some common sense.... do you have the mechanic work on the running moving car as you drive????? You have to be able to manipulate the phone for troubleshooting.

peace

Journeyman

No my mechanic does not work on my car while its running, but then again my mechanic doesn't yet have the tech to remote access into my engine block or transmission and diagnose then fix the problem. Since that's what i do for a living with computers I know it can be done with my Blackberry device. Next time you decide your going to use an analogy make sure your talking to Sprint customer service i herd idots understand one another  better.

Journeyman

No, there is no remote access to your phone like a computer.  So that would not be an option.  Again, I worked in Customer Care for awhile, I understand how frustrating that can be for customers when they are told to call from another line. But we have no way of having remote access to your phone or having you do anything while talking on it. 

The funniest to me is when someone would call in and say their child's phone isn't working and wants you to fix it yet they don't have the phone even with them and their child is a thousand miles away. Never made sense to me that people would do that    

Journeyman

correct, as a TIER I tech I can tell you we dont have access, we can reset BB pins and email stuff and thats it. remoting a phone would be a huge violation of FCC regs under the privacy laws ( as a former bank sec AVP) i can tell you that since we are throwing creditials and experience out there.

Simply take it to a store serv and repair center or borrow a friends cell, its making a big deal over nothing

Journeyman

How about a fight club analogy?

First rule of TS.

DON'T CALL ON THE BROKEN PHONE.

PS. If you have a mobile broadband card, don't chat in with it.

Journeyman

HMMM... that sounds a bit illogical to me.  I've had Sprint "send" updates to my phones in the past (granted not in the last 2 yrs) and reps have "sent" other upgrades to my non internet phone.  You say that is illegal???? Wow!  Instead of griping about the lack of current service then we should be applauding the brave souls who used to break federal law to give us a better functioning phone?

The issue is customer service, not using the only phone you have to call on.  Because the rep is going to tell you to "take out the battery" to reset the phone.  That is NOT an answer to your problem, the rep is waiting for a break in your "rant" to tell you to take the battery out, NOT actually listening to the problem.  They are not trained to fix problems, but to spout routine troubleshooting suggestions that are in the back of hte manual.  those of us with brains have already done the basic reset steps and NEED tech support.  Used to be a time when Sprint HAD a Tech Support center.  Not anymore. First we got overseas non-english speaking CS persons reading tech manuals based on keywords just like the voice activated 24hr system.  Now we have 18yr old idiots doing the computers job.

Please! the only people satisfied with Sprint CS are the people who have never needed to call.  PERIOD.

Journeyman

First of all, customer service do suck for sprint. It too me almost a month to fix my rebate problem i had. But the main question is why you are mad with sprint??? i been with sprint for almost 12 years, and i never had any major problem with them except what i say earlier and one time when i brought a new phone. i was going to school at the time in California and i purchase a new phone before i left. the rep at the store put the phones on my bill and said i could pay for them at a later time. i was like cool i can enjoy my phone and pay little on my bill to save some money. then that day i went to use my phone, i was directed to the customer service and ask to make a payment. well i was trying to talk to you lady and she out of all people was trying to make me pay when i was trying to explain what ther store did.  i was able to get there supervisor and was able to just pay only 200 of the bill and my phone would be back on. i have had every upgrade sprint had to offer, plus most of the sprint phones are better then the other cell phone companies. plus, sprint is now at 4g so now downloads are quicker and faster. well thats my rant. i wont leave until i get really mad at the company if they do something out of the normal....

Message was edited by: TMWASH6275

Journeyman

nesford wrote:

Sprint has by far the worst customer service department I have ever encountered. Is it to much to ask that when I am transferred that the person I was just speaking with talks to who I am being transferred to so I don't have to repeat myself again and again. Also these cheesy terrible lines that they most likely are forced to say do nothing but drive me crazy. NO YOU DON'T "Understand my frustration", you don't "Apologize for my trouble" YOU DON'T CARE AND THAT'S OK. I don't expect any costumer service rep to care personally about me or my phone, all i excpect them to do is answer my questions to the best of their knowledge. That leads me to the next thing, these people are *****, i would for once like to talk to costumer service rep that knows more than me about my phone and the network it is on the FIRST time i call not the tenth. Does sprint not realize that most people use there cell phone as there primary phone if not there only phone. How would you like me to not be calling from my cell phone when i have a technical issue WHEN IT IS MY ONLY PHONE.  Overall i am very disappointed in sprint i have had constant issues with them since switching to them recently. I would advise anyone to NOT GO TO SPRINT IF YOU ARE LOOKING FOR QUALITY SERVICE. I AM COUNTING THE DAYS TILL MY CONTRACT IS UP SO I CAN DROP THEM.

Message was edited by: Moderator

Message was edited by: izzyks

Your post doesn't not explain the technical issue you are/were experiencing. Can you elaborate on this for us?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Yeah..

1) Don't call on the phone your having the issue with.

2) Have your phone available with you.

3) If you get someone who isn't knowlegable on the line, just hang up and get someone good or simply ask for a Supervisor.

The people on the other line are still people, just like you. If you speak to them in a tone or even cuss at them, how would you feel? Some of them do know what they are doing. If you really have a serious issue, why the hell are u calling in anyways. Take that thing to a repair center. If I was customer care Id call you an idiot and transfer you to cancellations myself. Bless those peoples hearts that will take your call.

Journeyman

I have had to call numerous times for a single phone that has been replaced multiple times. There is a process involved that needs to be done. I used to work in tech support (not with Sprint) and I have heard it all from "I have already done that" when 9/10 times...the end user never did it.  Not saying that you did not, you could have been that 1/10 who actually did.  Tech support reps do not know if you have done this or not.

As so many others have stated...how do you expect to follow programming instructions or Sprint to reprovision your line when you are on the phone?  That is like having a computer problem and you go to the repair show without your pc and telling someone what is wrong.  Guess what? If you went to another provider and had the same issues, you would still need to call in on another line.  Others do not have the magic "Fix it" button.

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.