cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why Sprint doesn't want to replace my BB tour? Please help on what reason should be?

Highlighted

Why Sprint doesn't want to replace my BB tour? Please help on what reason should be?

Hello everyone. I am new here. I have heard about hurrible sprint services, now I faced it. I have a tour , and started many software issues, like frezing( when texting specially), then turning off sometimes , when charging9 specially in car), freezing again and don't le tme go to menu, and a few more. I have full coverage warranty. I went to sprint repair center and told them that, waited for about 3 hours, they told me it is fixed. then it started next day the same issues, I went second time, they say again, leave to repair it. What? Why should I pay for my full warranty service, if they are fixing it always? They told me that they need to see an issues in order to replace it, but it is not always, will they check it during a day? Why would they do that? I don't know what to do, I just want to get other , with no issues phone. I like tour. any suggestions please on how better to replace it? thanks

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Journeyman

My experience in the past 12 years with Sprint is if you have a problem with your phone, send it to the manufacture.  Sprints idea of a repair tech is to take the biggest geek off the sales floor and stick him in the back room, with little or no training.

I've had similar problems as yours, and have been told, as you were, that they needed to "see it" for them to take any action.  Even when I was able "show them", they came up with yet another excuse as to why it wasn't a phone issue, and blamed it on the network.

Once I was even told I had to travel to a distant store so a phone could have a "diagnostic test" , as my local store didn't have the "equipment" to perform the test.  After cooling my heals for 3 hours I went back to the store and was told the phone was all set.  I wasn't two steps out the door and the phone had the same problem.  What the tech didn't know was executive services was already involved, and they called the store to see what steps the tech had taken to "diagnose" the problem.  After they were told the test was nothing more than the phone being put on a bench in the back room and "watched" by the tech for two hours, and never attached to the "equipment" my local store didn't have, the rep went nuts.  

On the other hand I once had a Sanyo that was giving me problems.  It was under warranty, and I took it to my local store, who informed me they couldn't do anything for me because I purchased the phone through sprint.com.    I ended up shipping it out to Sanyo and had it back in 5 days with a brand new battery as well as my old one, a new charger, and a holster.  Now that's what I call customer service.

So you may just be better off contacting RIM and getting an RMA and sending it back to them.  In the you'll have better service and your blood pressure will be 10 points lower.  

Highlighted

thanks a lot for comments, I am very disappointed with that, as I though that warranty is a warranty first but not the way sprint wants to avoid any issues. I will not give up, I will be coming 3, 10 times as many as they want to if the issues still exist. In my case , the tech rep was a guy wh probably would never took a physic class ( if he ever finished a high school), how do I know? Vey simply , when rep broght my phone and told me, we did that and that. But I said, this is not what I have asked to do, I never said that I had a problem with my trackball, but with software only. well she says, he reset your device and now it works, I asked what if it will not work tomorrow, well she says now it works and will see tomorrow.

In other words , very cheap exuses with no minimum knowledge of the specific model and specific issues about the phone. I am not sure if the sprint reps know all models sprint has, not sure they do .

Highlighted
Journeyman

i had the same problem with my BB curve after having it for one month. i went to the repair center every other day and call Sprint everyday and spent hours on the phone with them. i went through 3 replacement phone in 2 weeks and then i made one last call. after that last call i got the tour in a few days. i have had great success with the tour. i am telling you to call them and bug them down at the store. keep complaining and ask for supervisor. if that does not work i have the eca # you can call. need anything else let me know. i have been with sprint 10 years!

Highlighted

YES PLEASE, PROVIDE ME THIS PHONE NUMBER, AND WHAT IT WILL HELP WITH? THANKS

Highlighted
Patron

Has your issue been resolved? Please PM me with your name and phone number and I'll schedule a time to call you if you'd like.

Thanks,

Robert

Advanced Tech Support

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.