cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why can you call 6 times and never get the same answer?

Why can you call 6 times and never get the same answer?

I called Sprint after a non-corporate Sprint store recommended I try to get my Touch Pro replaced with another model phone due to all the problems I had. I called and was put through to Assurion, who apparently handles phone replacements that aren't related to manufacturing defects. I called back and was told to do an advanced exchange, and that tech support could help me with that. Tech support said they don't do that. I tried again and was once again told that an advanced exchange would work and I could get a new model phone. I was put through to advanced tech support and they also said I could get a new model phone but I would have to go through to the escalations department, where I was told they couldn't do that, they could only replace it with the same model phone. If I can't get this poorly made phone replaced with a good one that's fine, I would just like to have been told that from the start rather than be told I can get a better phone 4 times just to be told that I can't. There, rant over.

8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Why can you call 6 times and never get the same answer?

Well for the record an advanced exchange can be done by business customer care, not sure about individual care, and will only replace a phone with the same model unless they are out of that model. If the flaw in a phone is a manufacturer defect then the best thing you can do is contact the manufacturer. After all calling sprint because there is a defect with your phone is like calling your cable company when your TV doens't work.

Journeyman

If your phone is acting up you pretty much have 2 options.  you can:

take your phone to a sprint service and repair store and get it looked at (best option)

or

call customer care and tell them what the problem is and you need to look into getting a new phone because your having ____ problems.

per sprint policy, before you can actually get another comparable model you must first have to get the phone replaced 3 times.  Business care actually cant do adv exchanges, only tech support/adv tech can.  but you are only qualified to get a different model of a phone after the 3rd phone messes up.  sadly enough.  =(

Master

@Partisian, The thing is we don't buy our TV's from our cable company, But we do buy our phones from Sprint. And per Sprints policy as of April 2009 Sprint is honoring manufactures warranty in store(FREE).

@JoesephMother,

WEL/Services Offering Change Starts 10/08/09 for ASCs to Proactively Move HTC Touch Pro Customers
The HTC Touch Pro has the highest service level of any phone - more then double that of any other Sprint smart device - and is driving the majority of multiple exchange and service related escalations. Because of this high service level, We are advising ASCs to proactively move Touch Pro customers to a different replacement model when an exchange is required.
Effective 10/08/09 multiple devices will be added to the ACEs exchange tool as replacement options to ensure customers recieve a comparable replacement model. IMPORTANT NOTE; For this device, Customers DO NOT have to meet the exchange minimum level established by our multiple exchange policy to be proactively offered a different replacement model.

http://community.sprint.com/baw/thread/25698

Partisian, thank you for the bad analogy. If comcast had a tech support department for tvs the way sprint has one for phones it would be the same thing. And by the way, I took a blackberry into a sprint store for a repair, they called RIM and were redirected to sprint to fix the problem. Now on to the relevant part, the phone was out of stock, it took me two weeks to get my refurb and I was never offered a different phone to cut the wait time. The perils of only having an indirect sprint store in my area. Thanks for pointing out that it takes 3 bad phones to qualify, I'm on my third phone but it isn't bad yet, by the way people on here talk about the touch pros though, it's a matter of time. And to clarify, my gripe was not about not getting a replacement, I was only mad because I was told yes you can, yes you can, yes you can, yes you can, no you can't. I just wanted the no up front so I wouldn't have to waste my time or theirs.

Guess levi pointed out the analogy at the same time I was typing it, sorry for doubling it up. Any way to find out where there may be a corporate sprint store in eastern/central Indiana in case my replacement decides to go haywire? Two week waiting periods for phone repairs are a bit much to tolerate.

Wizard

Sorry to hear about your handset problems. If you continue to experience problems with your handset, we recommend that you take it to a Sprint Service & Repair Store. You can locate a repair store closest to you and schedule an appointment at www.sprint.com/storelocator.

Thank you SprintCares, for showing how much you care by giving an automated response. The first sentence says I did go to a sprint repair center. So when I go to the store locator are the stores that just say sprint store without saying things like "wireless at work" the corporate stores?

Journeyman

You're welcome for a fine anology.

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.