cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

finally got fed up with sprint

Highlighted
Journeyman

finally got fed up with sprint

I started service with Sprint November 2009 I switched from Verizon to sprint because it was cheaper. That was the worst mistake I ever made. The first few days of sprint service was ok until my husband came home from work one night worried sick because I wasn't answering my phone, when he called it went straight to voicemail even though the signal strength bars were all on my phone.. I wasn't getting any service in our apartment at all. I finally found one spot on my kitchen counter where my phone would pick up signal...that only lasted about a week then that spot wasn't good anymore. I ended up running to a Verizon store close by and spent 120 bucks to get a prepaid cell phone up and going so I could have a way for my husband to get a hold of me when he needed to. The Verizon prepaid phone gets perfect signal. I called Sprint about a week later to see if the phone was defective or if I just don't get coverage in my area which was on a Sunday. The customer service rep sent me to a repair store at a certain location that was way on the other side of town from where I live. She specifically told me this store was open from 1-5 and she would make a note on my account to let them know what the problem was and would put I needed a diagnostics test on my device. I got in my car and drove for 30 minutes to this store which was closed. I looked on the door and found out the place isn't open on Sundays. Of course I called back extremely upset and was told that I just had to wait until Monday. I don't have time during the week for this so waited until the following Saturday then took it into a repair store...I was told nothing was wrong with the phone so then I told them I wanted my service cancelled and I would go with another carrier. He told me he couldn't help me with that, I needed to either go to a store or call customer service so I called customer service. I was told I would have to pay a 175 early term fee which I am refusing to pay. Why pay for a service you can't use. I can't get help from anyone on this with customer service so I just went into a t-mobile store and got service with them which works great by the way, no problems and no complaints from me so far. My phone bill will be about 10 bucks more a month but knowing I actually have signal and people can get a hold of me makes it worth it. It's amazing Sprint has this forum out here for anyone to read. If I would have known this before I started service I never would of started my service with Sprint. Customer Service is terrible and useless and sprints services are useless. I am refusing to pay any of my remaining bill and absolutely refuse to pay the early term fee. So I say if you are absolutely sick of Sprint just ditch them go with another carrier. My carrier had better phones anyway got a Motorola Droid for free and didn’t have to pay anything upfront to start service.

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Journeyman

looks like you need to do your homework before you do anything!!!!!!!!!! new cell carrier check signal maps on vendor website. need to drive 30 minutes to go to store.. call first and make sure is open. looks like the fault is on you! of course you refuse to pay, they always do!

Highlighted

For me i do not have any problems with sprint they are always are very helpful. When i had a problem getting a signal inside my mobile home in florida i was gaven a free Sprint Airave and when i was charge State tax for florida and Arizona i was gaven $60 credit. i was charge for both states because my old address was still on my sprint account. No Cell phone Carrier is perfect at all.

Highlighted
Journeyman

LOL...I did my homework with sprint. I got on their website and checked the coverage map before I started my service and according to the map I got good coverage in my area which is not so. If you recall I was told to go to a sprint store by a customer service rep who informed me that they were open from 1-5 and she would notate my account in the system to let them know what needed to be done to the phone. I was informed most of the repair centers were closed on Sundays but she told me that this location was opened. I tried to call the store, I looked in the phone book and went on line to locate the store so I could confirm that they were open. The store is on Pelham Rd in Greenville SC. Go to google and try and find it yourself...you will not find a phone number, nor an address for a sprint location on Pelham Rd even though there I drive by it everyday on my way to work.

The problem isn't so much that I was told to drive to a store that was closed the problem is customer service. Every person I talk to tells me something different and when you walk into a store they tell you they can't help you that you need to call customer service...After countless phone calls and visits to repair stores and the regular sprint stores I finally got fed up switched to another carrier that has great service so far. 

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.