cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone shipping to wrong address, Sprint refuses to cancel order

Highlighted
Journeyman

It has been a very long night/morning. I spent 90 minutes trying to order through Sprint.com and Apple.com. I kept getting error messages on Apple saying my Sprint account wasn't using an eligible service plan (uh, yes it was and still is). I finally got through to Sprint, placed my order, entered my shipping address and, when the email confirmation came...the shipping address had defaulted to my former home address (from 2 years ago). I've been getting my Sprint promo mailings at my current address, so I had no idea that my old address was still in their system.

I called to try to change the shipping addres OR cancel the order and, after 90 minutes on the phone with 3 people, they now changed all my addresses on record to my current one, but Sprint refuses to cancel the order and told me I am 100% liable for the loss of the phone if it doesn't reach me. I asked to speak to a manager and was put on hold again, told the manager "was busy," I asked for any supervisor and was hung up on. Eff them! Did AT&T secretly take control of Sprint overnight? Their customer service is certainly acting like it. If I could actually get through to anyone on the phone again, I'd be cancelling my account and switching to Verizon right now. I'm furious.

58 REPLIES 58
Journeyman

Re: iPhone shipping to wrong address, Sprint refuses to cancel order

I just spoke to FedEx and the shipper (Sprint) is the only one who can change the address (and I was told this morning that it's an impossible request). My only recourse is to contact FedEx once it's shipped I either request to pick it up at their warehouse or ask them to refuse shipment. Thanks Sprint, you suck.

Journeyman

What about Chat?  Did you try Chat?  You'll get your phone, but I think everyone is a little frazzled.  How about going in and deleting your address online so when the order really does process, it'll only have your correct address?

You don't have to waste time on the phone...

Journeyman

Thanks Iampremier, I'll try chat. I actually did change my address this morning (since I couldn't get into MySprint at all last night). On the phone, I was told that it was too late and that was the address associated with the order. Period. Perhaps the customer service rep I was dealing with was some temp pulled-in to help with the rush, but man was he a rude little so-and-so. When I asked to speak to his manager, he said, "he's busy." Next thing I knew, the line was dead.

But yes, chat seems the most sound and sensible answer at this point.

Though I did talk to FedEx and I should be able to request the shipment be held at the nearest facility. Thankful that I don't live TOO terribly far from my old place.

Journeyman

Awesome, good luck!

Journeyman

I'm not sure what is going on with their inability to change or cancel orders even moments after they are placed. I have never seen anything like it. I ordered the iphone 4 the other day (big dummy me thought it was the iphone 4S) as soon as I hit the button I realized I had blown it and started calling, I have spoken to 4 or 5 people at Sprint, and they tell me they can't cancel the order. I even asked them  to  disassociate the iphone 4 order from my account  and charge me full price for it so that I could re-establish my upgrade eligibility...newp 'no can do'.

Wizard

I really wish I knew exactly why or more details, but this is what we have for information.  I certainly do apologize, but I wanted to at least provide some 'official' info...

• iPhone 4 or iPhone 4S cancel requests can only be supported until 11:00 p.m. Eastern time (10:00 p.m. Central time) on 10/7.
  • If customer:
    • Calls before this cut off time, transfer to Order Support.
    • Calls after this small window of time, tell customer they can either refuse shipment or wait until they receive their phone and call Order Support to request a return kit.
    • Pre-order is canceled, there is no impact to customer's upgrade eligibility. Customers will be able to get their discount on a future phone order.
Journeyman

I ordered on 10/5/2011 at 8:29 pm, I tried calling but the 'office that handles that' was closed. I asked on chat, they told me to call the next morning. I called 4 times yesterday (hoping that I would get someone who could help) and got the same answer each time, that the order was in the warehouse and they had absolutely no way to cancel it.  I was told that my only recourse is to 1) refuse delivery -or- 2) accept delivery and take it to the store to exchange it.  Here's my order # dy-shso-668920561 and I have a copy of the chat transcript where they told me it couldn't be cancelled. It sure would be nice if support had 'read the memo'

Journeyman

if you can't cancel it, I say you choose option 2!  You will be able to get what you want.

Journeyman

I get that..the problem is that the phone will not arrive until Oct. 14th or 15th and I will have to 'try' to get one at a sprint store, I called them and asked what the availability would be and the CSR said 'they will go fast' I asked if he could hold one for me so I could exchange the i4 and he said no. 

Journeyman

I could've sworn I replied to you.  I mentioned putting $50 down at Best Buy, essentially you'll be paying twice but only for a short time.  I don't know what happened to my post!

Anyway, just trying to help

Journeyman

I will stop by and ask them about that, in the past they weren't willing to let me upgrade my phone through the store because I have a SERO plan, maybe that changed?

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.