Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flex Lease Trade In Eligibility?

Journeyman

Flex Lease Trade In Eligibility?

Last week Friday March 13th, 2020,  I went online to the Sprint website to take on a promotion being offered.  If you turn in any iPhone (from 6s or newer) that is unlocked, owned and in working condition, that I could trade it in for a new iPhone XS MAX, where the trade in would create a discount of $29.17 each month, bring my monthly lease amount at $12.50, down from $41.67.

This sounded great, I own a couple of older iphone models since my family has been with Sprint for several years, and I saw that my pre-owned iPhone 6s Plus 64GB and iPhone X 64GB were eligible.  Initially I decided to trade in the X since it similar to the upgraded XS Max, and completed the deal online.  

I received the new iPhone XS Max on Monday, March 16th, 2020, and decided that instead of trading in the above mentioned iPhone X 64GB, that I'd trade in my iPhone 6s Plus 64GB since it was also eligible, and keep my pre-owned iPhone X.

To make sure this was okay, I called (and chatted online) with Sprint reps who assured me that even though the original agreement I had stated the iPhone X 64GB would be what I return to Sprint, that it was perfectly fine to substitute it for the iPhone 6s Plus instead which is exactly what I wanted.  I spoke to 2 reps on the phone, and 2 reps on the chat just to make 100% sure this was okay due to hearing so many horror stories about Sprint.  In fact, in the chat, I got a the acting supervisor out of the chat center in the Philippines to quote and put my mind at ease that the trade was perfectly fine, as did the other Sprint reps.  In fact HE suggested I keep the chat transcripts as proof that my substitution of the 6s Plus to the X wouldn't come back to haunt me; the chat transcript has his name, the confirmation number of the updated notes, his full disclosure in detail that everything would be perfectly fine.

Im writing this to preemptively protect my self, and to make sure that this doesn't get flipped on me, where the 6s Plus 64GB I turn in doesn't get rejected, seized and or "lost".  So that when they open the return package and scan it, and discover it being a 6s Plus instead of the X, that they don't automatically reject this and make it seem like I did a bait and switch without prior consent.

If a Sprint rep see's this, please review my last chat log with both the rep and her supervisor where it clearly lays out everything I've just covered above.  Im going to UPS right now, to mail in my trade in 6s Plus while I can, with California being on approaching lockdown self isolation unless absolutley necessary, due to the Coronavirus situation.  

Community News

Our Community is currently set to Read Only due the pandemic's affect on our staffing .
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat