I recently purchased 2 galaxy watch active 2. The watches will not connect to the mobile network. It is supposed to be standalone and has it's own number. But if it's not connected to my phone via bluetooth it doesn't work. Why am I paying for a watch data plan I cant use?
Okay, let me look at your account to make sure everything is set up right. Send me your name, your Sprint Account holder's name , phone number and your 6-10 Authentication PIN.
I am having the same issue. My watch will not cinnect to the mobile network and will not make calls or texts without the bluetooth of my phone. I had the same watch with tmobile with no issues. I have been tot he store and have spent hours with phone techs and no one seems to be able to solve the issue. I don't understand why i'm paying for cellular service and it does not work.
Hi! There are some steps to follow when activating the standalone feature of your Galaxy Active 2. Try these;
1. First, you'll get started in the Galaxy Wearable App on your phone. It's also available to download via Google Play Store or Samsung Galaxy Store. If you don't connect to this app, some stiff like email, Calendar and Music Player would not be available.
2. Agree to terms and conditions and click next.
3. Once you've already signed up for service select next.
4. Connect to an available WiFi AP.
5. Select Country
6. Select Carrier and connect to Sprint network
7. You see "your watch is now connected to the Sprint network. Select next.
8.Create a PIN to use when your watch is connected to your phone and you want to back up or restore data.