cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy watch Active 2

Highlighted
Journeyman

Galaxy watch Active 2

I recently purchased 2 galaxy watch active 2. The watches will not connect to the mobile network. It is supposed to be standalone and has it's own number. But if it's not connected to my phone via bluetooth it doesn't work. Why am I paying for a watch data plan I cant use?

58 REPLIES 58
Highlighted

20200712_115543.jpg

 this all my options but the is no networ ressetting 

Highlighted

Okay, I see do you have means to visit a Sprint Store to show the watch to on of our Tech Reps for assistance? 

Highlighted

Yes i did and they said that they dont have tools to check that specific watch this was in fresno ca location

Highlighted

Okay, let me look at your account to make sure everything is set up right. Send me your name, your Sprint Account holder's name , phone number and your 6-10 Authentication PIN. 

Highlighted
Journeyman

I am having the same issue. My watch will not cinnect to the mobile network and will not make calls or texts without the bluetooth of my phone.  I had the same watch with tmobile with no issues. I have been tot he store and have spent hours with phone techs and no one seems to be able to solve the issue.  I don't understand why i'm paying for cellular service and it does not work.

Highlighted

Hi! There are some steps to follow when activating the standalone feature of your Galaxy Active 2. Try these;

1. First, you'll get started in the Galaxy Wearable App on your phone. It's also available to download via Google Play Store or Samsung Galaxy Store. If you don't connect to this app, some stiff like email, Calendar and Music Player would not be available. 
2. Agree to terms and conditions and click next.
3. Once you've already signed up for service select next.
4. Connect to an available WiFi AP.
5. Select Country
6. Select Carrier and connect to Sprint network
7. You see "your watch is now connected to the Sprint network. Select next. 
8.Create a PIN to use when your watch is connected to your phone and you want to back up or restore data. 

Highlighted

It was mentioned earlier in this thread Standalone versus companion LTE can someone please explain the difference between these two setups? I'm getting a Galaxy Active to hopefully in the mail within the next week and the way I want to set it up is to have the same number as my phone and to work on LTE away from my phone but be connected to my phone while in range through Bluetooth. 

Highlighted

Just to be clear the version I bought is the 44 mm Galaxy watch active 2 Lte. 

Highlighted

Hi! Good question. If you're trying to activate the watch using the Samsung App on your phone, that would be the companion activation which will make your watch act as an extension of the phone. The Standalone activation is performed from the watch directly, and it's only supported in the Samsung watch Active 2 LTE version. A Standalone activation means the watch become its own device. It is not paired with a device (unless via Bluetooth) or act as an extension of a device. You cannot have both activation on the same watch.

Highlighted

Still confusing when you say acts as an extension do you mean that once out of range of Bluetooth it will connect to LTE but use my phone's number instead of the watches number? 

Highlighted

Hey! Bluetooth voice capabilities is available when the watch is within proximity of the primary Samsung phone, the watch can be paired with other Android and iOS devices via Bluetooth only, however, to use 4G LTE standalone activation requires activation of the Watch by itself and the qualifying wireless plan. That means the watch itself is the device, It can make and receive calls, messages and utilize data on its own accord, there is no pairing with a phone.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat