cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LG G8X promotion

Highlighted
Journeyman

LG G8X promotion

Hi - on December 2, 2019 I received an email from Sprint with this message "Your submission for the Sprint/LG G8X Mastercard & Dual Screen Gift-with-Purchase Offer has been approved. Your $200 Mastercard will be delivered to you via email within 8 - 12 weeks at this email address"

It is now week 13, I haven't received anything.  I sent an email to the promo admin and received this response "Final Sprint verification will determine which gift and promotion your phone qualifies for.

While every effort will be made to deliver your Gift(s) as noted above, there could be delays resulting from unforeseen inventory situations, high demand, shipping delays or other force majeure events. You will be notified by email if there will be a delay in your shipment."

Can you help me get my now overdue Mastercard from this promotion?
28 REPLIES 28
Highlighted
Sprint Employee

Hi. Good morning. This looks to be a direct LG offer. For questions or escalations, you can contact LG @ lgholidayoffer@promoadmin.com or phone at 1-844-416-9110. 

Juan
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted

Thanks for you advice.  I emailed them again, and got the exact same generic, uninformative message.  I called that number during business hours (10am today, Monday) and they have an automated message saying it is outside of business hours and they don't accept voicemail.

Do you have any other advice?  You may have more influence in obtaining a response from your business partner than I will have.

Highlighted

My other suggestion is to contact LG directly at 800-793-8896.

Juan
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted

LG is not very helpful.  I emailed them again, got the exact same message with this phrase is red and highlighted "While every effort will be made to deliver your Gift(s) as noted above, there could be delays resulting from unforeseen inventory situations, high demand, shipping delays or other force majeure events."

Seems like 12 weeks notice should have prevent "unforeseen events."  

Sprint has more influence on their business partner LG than I do as individual customer, and this does reflect poorly on Sprint since the order came via Sprint and not LG - it was a Sprint enticement to sign a contract.

Can you please contact LG and see if you can get any insight?  

Highlighted

@Captcha, I'm afraid we don't have a way to do this. The offer is fulfilled through LG and customers need to follow up with them. 

Carlos
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted

Today I received the following reply from the 3rd party handling the promotion for for LG >>

Jeff,

Unfortuantely, the verification of the activation of the line is done on the Sprint Network, not ours.
Therefore, at this time we are awaiting an update.

Thank you.

SO, this tells me that SPRINT, is apparently the hold up.  Fix this or I will pull all 10 of my lines out of your network.  Stop giving people the runaround, I have already forwarded the entire email chain to the state attorney general's office.  This is NOT how you promote customer relations.  

When I come to the community site, I see "Sprint Employees" starting to give replies of It's LG's problem not ours, LG says it's handled by a 3rd party, and the 3rd Party says SPRINT is the holdup.  You have dozens of messages on the community site letting you know there is a problem, but you keep on pushing these promos.  

If you are aware there is a problem, and you should be if your staff on here is passing the info back.  Then why aren't you getting your house in order.  Cut off the promos if they aren't going to be handled, or take responsibility and make sure they are.  By continuing as you are, you become a part of the problem no matter where it may reside.
Highlighted

Hey, let me read your post to get a jist of the issue and I'll get right on it. 

Highlighted

Is this the promotion that started on the 11/1/19? 

Highlighted

The problem lies with the $200 Mastercards that aren't being sent to us.  I got the dual screen, weeks ago in fact.  The promotion was for both a dual screen and a $200 "virtual" Mastercard. 

Which is supposed to be emailed in 8 to 12 weeks.  2 days from now it will be 17 weeks since I received the "You are approved for both" email.  Both are handled by the same company for LG, but apparently require 2 different verifications.  They say SPRINT is doing the proverbial dragging of the feet on the latter.

At this point in time, I'm done being told to contact this company or that company.  It starts HERE!!!  and it ends HERE!!! 

It's easy to pass the buck in today's connected world, but good customer service can keep a poor company in business.  Bad customer support can take any company down, and the way these promos are being handled is unfortunately bad.  

Highlighted

I have no idea when this promotion started, I know I came into this mess in February. Had I known it was going to be this mess I would not have added the line.

I have noticed that there were apparently multiple promotions involving that particular phone. But this one was for the Dual Screen and a $200 Mastercard. Which you later find out is a virtual online Mastercard, which then makes it even less useful but if we actually got it, it would be something.
Highlighted

Alright. I just wanted to make sure we were on the same page or if I was way off. You can send me a Private Message with the tracking number and we can go from there.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat