cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Leaving Sprint due to telling me I can pre order the Note 9 and then being told no.

Journeyman

Leaving Sprint due to telling me I can pre order the Note 9 and then being told no.

I have been with sprint since 2005. I have stayed loyal through the slow 4G Wimax they called 4G. Now I have a Galaxy S9Plus since March. It was a gift from my wife for our wedding anniversary. I didn't want the phine but what kind of husband would I be if I told her no. So I kept the phone turned in my Note 8 and hoped that sprint come the release of the Note 9 they would see my 13 years of loyalty and let me leave the s9plus lease and let me pre order the note 9 without paying the crazy fee of 266.00 which is the next 7 payments until March of 2019. Why would i want the Note 9 then. 

What I dont understand is that Ive done the chat service and sometimes they say yes call telesales and they will help you waive the fee. After calling them they telesales department they immediately tell me they will transfer me to the account services and they have me on hold for about 10 to 15 minutes. They immediately rudely tell me they can't help me and that I have to pay the 266.00 today. Now after being told something and on the phone for more then an hour this is what they tell me. I'm fed up with Sprint. A couple of days later I chatted again and they told me to lool into the retention department. But for what to be put in hold for another hour. 13 years Ive paid over 43k in bills. The funny thing is that they tell me yes and they no. All I want to is the Note 9 and they know Ive had every Note since the note 2 on there Network. Right now Verizon is doing a buy one get one free for thr note 9. So looks like I will be calling them and leaving sprint. 13 years loyalty doesnt mean anything. Im extremely disappointed but I want the Note 9 and sometimes it means doing something like leaving my current carrier. All I asked was for them to let me return this Galaxy S9Plus and allow me to pre order the note 9. 

3 REPLIES 3
Sprint Social Care S.M.A.R.T. Agent

Re: Leaving Sprint due to telling me I can pre order the Note 9 and then being told no.

I understand your frustration with this experience. Unfortunately, what you have been told is mostly true. Since you have only had the phone since March, there would be much more than $266 owed to leave the s9 lease. We obviously don't want to lose you as a customer, but we also know that phone envy can make that final decision for you. May I ask when is she eligible to upgrade?

RedCruzr
Social Care 

Queen of Unlocks and Billing Questions. Samsung for Life!!
Kudos and Accepted Solutions are welcomed and appreciated.
Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Leaving Sprint due to telling me I can pre order the Note 9 and then being told no.

She isnt eligible till next March also she pre ordered both of us the Galaxy S9Plus. Its not so much about phone envy its about being told I could have the note 9 and the being said no. As a valued loyal customer i expected more. I even asked if I'm going to upgrade in 7 months to the note 9 why not give it to me now and the next 7 monthly payments for that add it to my bill. I even have a 10.00 loyalty to my phone line. So its not 266.00 its 196.00 they could divide into 7 monthly payments and let me have the note 9. So I'd pay the note 9 bill on top of the remaining 7 monthly payments. 

Sprint Social Care S.M.A.R.T. Agent

You can definitely pre-order the phone, but your phone will have to be paid off. You would be responsible for the remaining lease payments, minus the loyalty discount, plus the purchase option amount. The loyalty discount won't apply if the phone is paid off early. As with all discounts, they lease must run its 18 month course to be fully applicable. I understand that you feel this should all be overlooked due to your tenure, but I'm sorry that just can't happen.

RedCruzr
Social Care 

Queen of Unlocks and Billing Questions. Samsung for Life!!
Kudos and Accepted Solutions are welcomed and appreciated.
Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat