cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lies about VISA Gift Card

Highlighted
Journeyman

Lies about VISA Gift Card

To me, it is absurd that I have had to resort to this just to try to have my voice heard about what I have been dealing with, with Sprint over the last 3 months (in 10 days it'll be 3 months). Let me begin with a brief back story to gain perspective. I came to Sprint from T-Mobile in search for independence, I wanted to have my own plan so I was shopping around. After I had spoken with Verizon and Cricket, Sprint was next on my list to contact so I can ultimately compare and contrast each company, weighing the pros and cons and eventually making the best decision. Today, I realized that I made one of the worst decisions in my recent years. The original agent I spoke with to purchase my phone and my plan was very pushing and even told me I had to get insurance for my phone (I found out later that I did not have to) and also was very inconsistent in what she would tell me. One of the major reasons I switched to Sprint was because something she told me, which I now know was incorrect. This agent told me that at the time (early-mid September) they had a special promotion going on that if you Port-in your phone number from another company, Sprint would provide you with a $100 VISA Gift card in a week of activation. She informed me that this was a offer that was for phone order only, so I did not even think of placing the order online. Upon beginning service with Sprint I Ported in my number immediately (9/17) with hopes that I would receive the Gift card no later than 9/24/18, today 12/7/2018 and I still have not received the card. This has been on of the most frustrating and irritating situations that I have ever been involved in. EVERYTIME (I put all caps because I mean this literally) I call Sprint I receive different information regarding this Promotion. The first it was a week, then it turned to 30 days, then it turned to 60 days and then it turned to a week after 60 days, then it turned into 10-12 weeks, then it turned into "On or before 12/10/18" then the latest answer I was told was "On or before 12/25/18". As you can imagine how frustrating this is, I am understandably frustrated with the inconsistency of Sprint but more so with the unprofessionalism of the entire Company (I would limit it to customer service but I've spoken with multiple departments and the subpar assistance is consistent throughout all of them). To me, I can't even fathom that a company as large as Sprint would have such a lack of Customer Service with competing companies going above and beyond for customers. Is it really that big of a hassle to send out a gift card that you promised to customers? I can maybe understand a 30 day, or even 60 day waiting period but this is a complete joke. Switching from T-Mobile was one of the worst decisions I have ever made in my life, because at this point even though Sprint may be a couple dollars cheaper a month at least I know what I'm getting with them. I know that when they make a promise they will deliver upon it, unlike Sprint. At this point, I'm past the point of no return and hopefully as soon as February 2019 I will be able to cut ties with Sprint (I also did not realize I was signing a contract that I was locked into until 2020, but that's partially on me) because I refused to be with a company this unprofessional.

15 REPLIES 15
Journeyman

Re: Lies about VISA Gift Card

Also a side note: I think its ridiculous that you have to join the "Sprint Community" to speak how you feel, why is the only outlet for customers to voice their opinions

Sprint Social Care S.M.A.R.T. Agent

Hi KingJames. I'd be frustrated if I was in your shoes. You definitely shouldn't be waiting this long for that card. Did you make sure to register for the offer at www.sprint.com/joinsprint within 60 days after joining Sprint? You should have received a confirmation/tracking number at that time. If you can shoot me that number in a private message, I'll gather that up along with some other account details and get this escalated for you. 

"Hail Yourself!" - Ben Kissel

Journeyman

It has been escalated, twice, and honestly I don't think there is anything you can do for me unless you can personally send out the Gift Card right now

I got this for you, believe. I'm going to send you a PM so I can get some account details. Keep an eye out. 

"Hail Yourself!" - Ben Kissel

Journeyman

I feel your pain! My situation is not the same but I have been trying to get the promised Visa gift card and have been unsuccessful since May. I must say the Sprint location tried to be helpful without success, I called and was treated very well, but every thing I have tried has failed. I have always bragged about how great Sprint is and recommend it to all my friends and family. I have been a customer since my very first cell phone many years ago. I am so disappointed that I feel scammed about this gift card thing. We upgraded, added a line and also added an iphone watch. It really isn't about the extra $200 or $100 or whatever the false promise was. It is about feeling like I was lied to.

Howdy ehamood34. I'd like to take a deeper look into this for you. I sent you a PM so I can gather the needed info. 

Cat
Small Scale Farmer 

Pulling issue and planting solutions.
If I was able to plant your solutions, please accept and/or kudos the resolution.
Journeyman

Hello!

Thank you for your quick response.

Thank you for all the info, but it was all placed in public. For your safety, this info was removed. I'll provide up dates through the private message. 

Cat
Small Scale Farmer 

If I was able to plant your solutions, please accept and/or kudos the resolution.
Journeyman

oops! thank you so much!

Thanks for your patience.After looking into the interaction history I see that the account accepted an add a line offer on 5/19/19. With this promo, targeted customers can get a $200 Master Card when they add a line of service to their account. This promo did require customers to register, and I see you had. This promo did required lines on the account remaining active for at least 60 days. On 5/20/19 line 5406 was cancelled at the customer's request. Since all lines did not remain active for at least 60 days the promo was voided. 

The key to the add a line promo is to bring in new lines of service, if a customer adds a line and then cancels a line right afterward then that action voids the key objective of bring in new lines. In an essence the customer has not added a line, but swapped out a line.  

Cat
Small Scale Farmer 

Journeyman

Thank you for looking into this. I was totally mislead by the Sprint store manager. Also we added an iphone watch that has a new number so why doesn't that count as adding a new line? It appears as a line on my bill.
Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat