Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ordering with Free Line On Us

Highlighted
Journeyman

Ordering with Free Line On Us

Hello,

I don't know why my initial post cannot be found. Sorry if this ends up being a duplicate. 

This morning I saw the "Free Line On Us" offer on my Sprint dashboard, and I went ahead and ordered a new free line with BYOD. Everything went fine, the offer reflected properly on the order confirmation and the line was activated. However I had to cancel the free line a few hours later, but before doing so I had confirmation from chat and 1-888-211-4727 that the free line offer with be re-enabled for my account after the cancellation. The line is now cancelled, but the offer still does not show up on my account. 1-888-211-4727 care team cannot re-enable it, or maybe there a mis-communication on what I wanted to do.

I am hoping that a Sprint representative here can have a look and see that offer was still available for me this moning and re-enble it. I will send you my accound and order info over private messaging.

Thank you,

-John

9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted
Sprint Social Care

Hey! Firstly, I must apologize on behalf of whomever provided you with misinformation. Concerning the Free Line Us, this line needed to be active on the account for at least 12 months to ensure that credits are continued to be applied. So for instance, any modification/changes to your account as it relates to the free line, such as cancelling an existing line, upgrading your device to a financed option, changing plans on your account or transferring lines to another account may make you ineligible to continue receiving the Unlimited Line on Us Plan.

Highlighted

Thanks for replying. 

In my case, I canceled the free account and was told I could order it back. Were they wrong? Everything remained the same as before I ordered the fee plan. I still have my 3 paid voice lines with eligible plans, which qualified me to have the free plan on the first place.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Hello,

Just following up on this as well. I got a "Free Line on Us" number with someone else's number. This individual reached out asking if they could have it back. I verified with a Sprint employee that I could port the number and get a new number to replace it. However, I am now being told I cancelled the free line. It is very frustrating that Sprint is giving me other people's numbers and when I do the right thing it ends up costing me. Is there anything that customer service can do?

Highlighted

Hey, just for confirmation you already cancelled/ port out the line?

S.R
Highlighted
Journeyman

I ported the line to the original owner after being told by customer service that I could return the phone number to the individual. They told me that I could get another number afterwards. Thank you for your attention on this matter.

Highlighted

Once you cancel or port out the line, you forfeit the remainder of the free-line credits, we would not able to apply the credit to a new line. 

Highlighted

I was told explicitly by customer service that this would be okay. I was trying to be a Good Samaritan by returning someone else's number. It is shameful that Sprint is giving away phone numbers that belong to other people and when I try to help someone I am punished by Sprint and given misinformation. This should be an easy fix and I am not sure why it is so complicated. 

Highlighted

This isn't an easy fix but I totally understand what you're saying. I want to see what I can do to help, it may take sometime but I want to see what we can do to help. I am going to DM you.

Highlighted

To be honest, I thought that the number was on your account and they left but you fully explained and now I know what is happening, in this case I can work this out the best way I can. 

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat