cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about transferring from Boost/Virgin

Highlighted
Journeyman

Question about transferring from Boost/Virgin

I am looking to transfer 5 lines in from Boost/Virgin (3 from Boost, 2 from Virgin).

I have a few question about this process:

All lines have iPhone 6s or newer, only one has been in service for > 1 year at this point.

Can our devices be successfully reskewed/unlocked to function on Sprint's network?

If not, where do I and my lines fall in consideration of this offer: https://www.sprint.com/en/landings/apple/iphone-offers.html?INTCID=HPB:ALL:APL:IP11:LP

Would we be a new customer, an existing customer? 

Is there a place I can read the fine print of that offer? i.e. what happens at the end of the lease period?  What happens if I trade the iphone 11 in after X months?

5 REPLIES 5
Sprint Social Care

Re: Question about transferring from Boost/Virgin

Good morning. Thanks fro your questions. Here is what's up: 

1-Can my devices be re-sku to be use as Sprint postpaid device? No. You can check if the device is eligible using the Bring Your Own Device tool here: https://sprint.co/34IxhWB

2-Where do I and my lines fall in consideration of the Iphone11 tradedin offer? Because the devices are prepaid, the devices do not qualify for the offer. (Non Sprint Prepaid devices eligible for trade-in.  Boost, Virgin Mobile and Softbank prepaid devices are not eligible.)

3-Would we be a new customer? No, not if you migrate. You can signup as a new customer to get the offers. 

4-Is there a place I can read the fine print? On the page you will find the letter "i" in a circle. Hover over the "i" and you should see the details of the offer. You can also learn about Sprint Lease at: https://sprint.co/2LeR8VT

5-What happens at the end of the Lease? During the lease customers lease and use the phone and can then choose to own, upgrade, continue leasing or return the device. Since Sprint Flex is a lease and customers don’t own the phone, it must be returned in ‘good, working condition’ or the customer can buy it outright at the end of their agreement in one lump sum or six monthly payments. 

After the end of the lease, customer will pay the Purchase Price Option of the device. The amount is determined depending on the phone you choose. (memory configuration) 

Juan
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

3-Would we be a new customer? No, not if you migrate. You can signup as a new customer to get the offers. 

Would we be able to keep our existing numbers?

Sprint Social Care

Yes, you will be able to keep your numbers. 

Kryshna
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

OK to confirm my understanding:

We would not be able to have our existing phones re-sku'd from boost and/or virgin for use on sprint.

We can sign up as a new customer to take advantage of the iPhone Lease/trade-in promo.

We can keep our existing phone numbers.

Sprint Social Care

Yes, but the only difference is that if you keep your existing phone number, it will be a migration, not a new customer. 

Kryshna
Sprint Social Care
Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat