Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 

RESOLVED: FREE unlimited - BYOD plan!!

Go to solution
Journeyman srr
Journeyman

RESOLVED: FREE unlimited - BYOD plan!!

I used the following link to order 2 SIM's on Friday, Jun 22 - https://www.sprint.com/en/shop/offers/free-unlimited.html?ECID=vanity:1yearfree

I got the SIM's in 1 business day on Monday, Jun 25. So far so good.

I try web activation and I get the message - 

The SIM card ID you entered isn’t compatible with this device. Double-check the ID or try a different one.

But Sprint told me while ordering that my phones are compatible (iPhones - both unlocked). But activation via the web (online) does not work. I give up after 2 tries.

So, I call customer support and then the run around began. First, they tried to sell the device protection for $13 per month in case my device is damaged and then I will end up paying full plan price as the promo is tied to my device. Then after I decline and they stop selling, they try to activate the SIM's and fail. I was transferred to some "tech" department who proceeded to run my credit check again. Created an account for me, checked my IMEI again for eligibility and then told me he is getting an error and cannot activate my phones. Took down my info and promised to call me back next day at 2pm.

The next day (Tuesday, Jun 26) came, no call. So I call customer support again. Once again they try to sell me device protection plan which I decline, they persist and then again ask for my IMEI and try to activate. It fails again. They tell me its been happening for 3 days on the FREE unlimited BYOD plan and nothing they can do. I ask them to refund $16.52 the amount I paid for shipping and the 2 SIM's. They said they cannot and I have to go to the Sprint store.

That's been my experience so far. The support guys are interested in selling additional services and the promised service does not even work. Either they cannot handle the volume (or don't want to handle the volume of FREE customers), so this is their way of turning people away. I bet if I purchase some service miraculously the SIM's will get activated. 

Stay away.. It's a Scam!! 

14 REPLIES 14
Wizard

Re: FREE unlimited - BYOD plan - Stay away.. It's a Scam !!

Sounds like you've been trough a lot. I know it's frustrating. Let's see if we can get this fixed. I will send you a private message so I can get some details.

Penguin
Social Care Rockstar
Kudos and Accepted Solutions are Welcome
Journeyman srr
Journeyman

Thanks for your response. it's refreshing!! I will send you the details via private message.

Journeyman srr
Journeyman

Sprint Team,

This is getting comical now. You direct message me and offer to help and I give you all my info. Then you say that since I am existing customer I don't qualify for the FREE promotion? Can't you check your own records. I have never had sprint service in my life. The "account" that I have with you was created by your "tech" when I called 1-866-782-8777 as part of trying to activate my SIM, which never got activated.

If you don't want to offer the FREE service just say so and refund my $16.52 that I paid for the SIM's. Please don't give me the run around any more.

Journeyman srr
Journeyman

The sprint reps have been private messaging me. I had to call 866-782-8777 and they sorted it out. I am now switched over to Sprint. I do appreciate the help the sprint reps provided to get this situation sorted out.

Journeyman

I’m having very similar issues trying to get this promotion. Been trying for 3 days now and have talked to multiple representatives and when i had talked to the tellasales department today I was getting no help whatsoever and when I asked for a supervisor I was placed on hold for over 30 mins all for someone to answer and then proceded to hang up on me without saying a word. Really wanna switch to sprint because Verizon’s prices and customer service stinks. But I’m not sure if sprint is doing any better. Atleast In   The customer service side. Please help me

Wizard

So glad you got it fixed! Welcome to the family! Like you said if others have this issue they can call 866-782-8777. This is for a special department that handles situations like this.

Penguin
Social Care Rockstar
Kudos and Accepted Solutions are Welcome
Journeyman

I’ve called this number and was not helped whatsoever. In fact they put me on hold for over 30 mins then hung up on me. So how is that supposed to help people

You're so right. How is that suppose to help? We don't want new customers feeling this way at all. I can't answer for exactly what went on with that call, but it's possible that there was a bad connection somewhere for the call to get disconnected. I do believe your experience though. Have you tried calling them back and getting a different agent? Have you tried setting up the account online at sprint.com? Since you have spoke with multiple agents, what have they said about the plan or what information have they provided?  It is a self service driven plan, where everything is set up online by the customer. Take a look at this link and read the FAQ's at the bottom of web page, it will give all the information you need about the plan. http://www.sprint.com/1yearfree The phone number, 1-866-782-8777, is a dedicated team to assist customers with this plan.

AnnGee77
 Social Care Princess ?

?Lover of Everything Magical ?
Please give glitter coated Kudos and crown thee with Accepted Solutions.
Journeyman

I am actually a happy customer of this BYOD one year free plan. Have 3 lines in total. One of them got changed to other plan by mistake during activation of swap device.  AnnGee77 helped me and was really responsive. Totally happy with her service and the efficiency of the support team here.  

Tags (1)
Highlighted
Sprint Social Care S.M.A.R.T. Agent

Thanks a bunch for your feedback!! 😍

RedCruzr
Social Care 

Queen of Unlocks and Billing Questions. Samsung for Life!!
Kudos and Accepted Solutions are welcomed and appreciated.
Journeyman

IT IS A SCAM....SALES SALES, HOURS OF WASTED TIME! GOT NOWHERE READY TO STAY WITH VERIZON!!!

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat