Sprint Community Registration currently closed. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community Registration currently closed. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RESOLVED: FREE unlimited - BYOD plan!!

Go to solution
Highlighted
Journeyman
Journeyman

RESOLVED: FREE unlimited - BYOD plan!!

I used the following link to order 2 SIM's on Friday, Jun 22 - https://www.sprint.com/en/shop/offers/free-unlimited.html?ECID=vanity:1yearfree

I got the SIM's in 1 business day on Monday, Jun 25. So far so good.

I try web activation and I get the message - 

The SIM card ID you entered isn’t compatible with this device. Double-check the ID or try a different one.

But Sprint told me while ordering that my phones are compatible (iPhones - both unlocked). But activation via the web (online) does not work. I give up after 2 tries.

So, I call customer support and then the run around began. First, they tried to sell the device protection for $13 per month in case my device is damaged and then I will end up paying full plan price as the promo is tied to my device. Then after I decline and they stop selling, they try to activate the SIM's and fail. I was transferred to some "tech" department who proceeded to run my credit check again. Created an account for me, checked my IMEI again for eligibility and then told me he is getting an error and cannot activate my phones. Took down my info and promised to call me back next day at 2pm.

The next day (Tuesday, Jun 26) came, no call. So I call customer support again. Once again they try to sell me device protection plan which I decline, they persist and then again ask for my IMEI and try to activate. It fails again. They tell me its been happening for 3 days on the FREE unlimited BYOD plan and nothing they can do. I ask them to refund $16.52 the amount I paid for shipping and the 2 SIM's. They said they cannot and I have to go to the Sprint store.

That's been my experience so far. The support guys are interested in selling additional services and the promised service does not even work. Either they cannot handle the volume (or don't want to handle the volume of FREE customers), so this is their way of turning people away. I bet if I purchase some service miraculously the SIM's will get activated. 

Stay away.. It's a Scam!! 

14 REPLIES 14
Highlighted

Howdy drskidiver. I'm sorry to hear that your start up with Sprint has been such a hassle. I'd love to smooth the road for you. Have you setup a Sprint account yet? 

Cat
Small Scale Farmer 

Pulling issue and planting solutions.
If I was able to plant your solutions, please accept and/or kudos the resolution.
Highlighted

Yes, I'd like a list of phones that you allow on BYOD 1 year free,,,so I could buy one on ebay
Highlighted

Hey Drskidiver! There are a ton of compatible devices.  Do you prefer Apple or Android? That'll help me get a list pared down for you.  There are some compatibility issues with phones unlocked from T-Mobile, though. 

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat