cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sprint credit check identity verification

Journeyman

Sprint credit check identity verification

Hello all,

I know this is a common problem with sprint but I also want to throw my story in the mix. I should mention now, I am a contractor with sprint, I work for MTI Global Services. Because of this, everyone at the Sprint stores around me knows who I am.

So two days ago I went to a Sprint store because I wanted to switch carriers. I used to be on Mint Mobile but I would always use up my monthly data allowance. So I am in Sprint trying to port over my number and finance an LG G8X. Everything is going smoothly until we get to the credit check. I give them my details like name, birth date, and social security and then they say I need to verify my identity. The first couple of questions are easy, like streets I've lived on and places I've lived. But then they ask my about a 1986 Dodge 600 which I have never owned. After I tell them I have never owned that car they start to list off two sets of four names and ask me to identify who I have associations with. This question, in particular, I find ridiculous. The Sprint store is loud, and the phone we called them on doesn't get very loud, and you can't hear the names clearly. I don't recognize any of the names so I tell the person on the phone that and they say I failed because they couldn't verify my identity. What!? I literally work at Sprint as a contractor, the people at the store all know me, and I am in multiple employee databases, and they said the can't identify me? When asked they said they couldn't tell me where they get their information from but that I can try again in 60 days.

My question is, is there a way to bypass this verification? I really don't want to wait 60 days because by then the promos on the LG G8X will be over. I find this ridiculous that they would do this to a potentially new customer. For now, I am on a no credit check unlimited plan but I don't wish to continue like this.

Any help from the community would be greatly appreciated.

3 REPLIES 3
Sprint Social Care

Re: Sprint credit check identity verification

pest21500

Hey! Once the verification process is failed, as you were told there's a time frame of 60 days that needs to be completed to start another verification and this is for your own security, this cannot be bypassed when the customer is trying to take advantage of our service with a contract. We can understand that you would like to take advantage of the promotion with the LG G8X but our marketing department is continually working on the offers, I encourage you to keep visiting our web page and you will also stay updated when going to the store. 

Kryshna
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

@Sprint_Kryshna 

I understand that. Is there an alternative way to verify my identity? Like online, or in store? Or do I have to do it over the phone?

Highlighted
Sprint Social Care

pest21500 - To clarify this, you will need to wait the time frame of the 60 days as the verification has failed. This is something definitive and no matter the channel it cannot be overruled.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat