cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPad delivery issue

Journeyman

iPad delivery issue

Good Evening,

I have been having difficulties with an interaction I have had at one of the local stores in my area. On October 17th I went into the Sprint store to talk about different data options for my family’s plan. We were having an issue with our wifi device not being up to an appropriate speed. I had intended on just increasing the amount of mobile hotspot we had on the plan or somehow resolving the issue with the data speed since the speed on the phones at the same address was great. However, after speaking with the sales rep I was convinced that adding 2 iPads to my plan that would have unlimited data and 50 GB of mobile hotspot would possibly be a good solution. I was told that they could get the devices the next day and then I could activate them and they could mail them down to my parents address because that is where they are needed. I went back the next day and they said everything was good to go and they would have them sent right out. While I was there I was also convinced that I should get one of the Sprint Drive devices and that the device would be free and it would not increase my monthly bill at all. I asked how it was worth Sprints while to give me something completely for free and the sales rep just told me that it looks good for sprint to have additional lines of service so they will just take small hits like that. Since that visit to the store my parents have still not received the iPads, I have discovered that the Sprint Drive will be an additional $10 a month on my plan, half of the 30 day satisfaction guarantee period has past, I have spent $90 to terminate our wifi device early only to have no internet at my parents house, and lastly spent an additional $10 on adding 50 additional GB to the hotspot on one of our phones to cover the lapse in internet service. I have spoken with the store several times and they continue to tell me that the iPads have been sent out and the latest is that they should be expected no later than this Saturday the 2nd. This all seems highly unlikely since it should take no more than 3 or 4 days to ship something from New Jersey to Virginia, but even that is slow compared to the usual Sprint shipping. I have also tried chatting with customer service online who basically tells me there is nothing that they can do, and offered me $10 off per month for being a loyal military customer. This discount was said to be strictly for being a loyal military customer not to cover any of the incurred costs or for the troubles that we have had with the account. I then tried calling customer service today where I got disconnected and had to call back and wait on hold again. They told me that there was nothing that they could do and that I needed to speak with the store, which I have already done multiple times as stated before. They also offered a discount for the lost time on the devices, but that is only if the devices don’t show up by this Saturday, a full 2 weeks plus since they were originally ordered and the taxes and surcharges were paid. I am incredibly dissatisfied with the way this issue is being handled and in the company as a whole. Every person I have spoken with since the store keeps telling me I need to talk to the store which I have already done, and they are the ones I am complaining about mostly. I have been a loyal customer who now has 7 or 8 active lines with Sprint and it seems as if this is not a priority to anybody I speak with. This is definitely not the customer service that I signed up for or that I have had in the past. I have always liked dealing with Sprint because the customer service has always been great even if the cellular service hasn’t been the best in the areas where I have lived. I am sorry to say that I feel the need to start shopping for a new provider unless there is a quick and effective resolution to my issue. Until now I have enjoyed my time with Sprint but this poor level of customer support is difficult to get over. Thank you very much for your time and I hope to hear from somebody soon.

1 REPLY 1
Wizard

Re: iPad delivery issue

Howdy Jmperdue. It sounds like it's been a rough couple weeks. I'd like to take a deeper look into this and see what I can do for you. I sent you a PM so I can gather a smidge of info. 

Cat
Small Scale Farmer 

Pulling issue and planting solutions.
If I was able to plant your solutions, please accept and/or kudos the resolution.
Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat