cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone X promo, not allowing my trade-in

Journeyman

iPhone X promo, not allowing my trade-in

I'm attempting to add a line to our plan (for a total of 4 lines). I'd like to do the $5 iPhone X promo, but it won't take either phone I would trade in, is this because they are Sprint phones?? (They are both "paid off".)

I'd be buying 1 new phone outright, plus the X. Trading in either a Galaxy s7 Edge or an iPhone 7 towards the X. Both phones have been purchased at Sprint, and both fail the IMEI check.

Additionally, I'd like to know when the 18 months are up, how much would I owe on the phone to buy it outright? ie, if I managed to get the deal, does the $36.67/mo. credit "count" as what I've paid towards the phone, or just the $5/mo. 

7 REPLIES 7
Sprint Social Care S.M.A.R.T. Agent

Re: iPhone X promo, not allowing my trade-in

I'm not sure why the phones aren't working for this promo, but I'm happy to do some digging around in our tools. First, I want to make sure that the eligibility wasn't failed due to security on the phones. For the Apple device, you must have the activation lock disabled. Also, the Google accounts on Android devices must be removed.

Once this is done, please send me a private message with the IMEI on both phones and the phone numbers they were associated with. I'll also need your name, phone number, and PIN or security answer.

RedCruzr
Social Care 

Queen of Unlocks and Billing Questions. Samsung for Life!!
Kudos and Accepted Solutions are welcomed and appreciated.
Journeyman

Ah, thanks for your response.

I forgot to mention that Sprint wasn't an option in the dropdown on the IMEI check screen, just Verizon, AT&T, etc. There was an Other, so that's what I chose. That's why I wondered if Sprint phones weren't eligible to be turned in.

They are in use, I might have to pop into a Sprint Store to see what they say, I guess. 

ETA - do you know re: the monthly credit? Does the promo credit amount count towards paying off the phone at the end of the 18 month lease?

As with all monthly promos, the monthly payment amount is accounted for on all 18 months. So, amount you pay ($5) + the discount ($36.67) = monthly lease payment ($41.67). So whether you have a discount or are paying the full amount for the phone, the amount registered for 18 months is the same. The amount that will be required as fair market value will be dependent on the market value at the end of 18 months. I can't say what that amount will be. If the phone is paid off before the FMV is applied, the purchase option will be the difference up to $999.99.

RedCruzr
Social Care 

I'm not finding any info that states this is a BYOD promo, but it seems the system is reading it that way due to your carrier options. I can still review the info on this side, if you want to save yourself a trip to the store.

RedCruzr
Social Care 

Journeyman

THANK YOU!!

You're welcome. Let me know if I can help further.

RedCruzr
Social Care 

Journeyman

I'm sending you a PM 

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat