cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Payed off device need confirmation & unlock code.

Go to solution
Journeyman

Payed off device need confirmation & unlock code.

I have been with sprint for over 5 years, decide d to try AT&T because Sprint service is very bad in the Bronx.  Nonetheless, I paid of my lease in full.  Then I opted for the 6 month extension as the option for buying the phone.  A couple of days later I go into the store and inform the guy I want to pay off the extended lease and take ownership.  He says it would be $280 + $42.  I give my card and he Bill's me.  When I do the math on the extended lease, it does not add up 6×$42 =  252 not 280.  Plus there's is an additional $42 charge, which he could not seem to explain.  In an attempt to make this stressful experience brief.  I call Sprint, the rep acknowledges I was overbilled.  Said he would remove my credit card from system and note to issue a refund.  I port to AT&T and a couple of weeks later I get a Bill via email from Sprint because the account has been canceled.  I call and try to explain that this charge should be a credit.  I ask to speake to a supervisor and ask for an email of itemized bill.  She said she cannot do that because the account was close.  At this point I just gave up and said let's come to an agreement.  We agreed to $52.00 because she said she would give back the $42 that was overcharged on lease and waive the fees.  I went to the store paid the $52.00.  Called Sprint to confirm everything was settled and that a note was sent to pull out of collection, which was premature because I paid prior to 11/10/19.  The rep reassured me that I was good and collection would be notified.  Today, I call to get my unlock code and the rep states that I have on outstanding lease.  I informed him to review the system, I imagine he could not because of trouble with the system, so he said he would transfer me to finance.  Instead, he transferred me to sales.  I have only been with AT&T a 3 months and I was already consider switching to TMoble, which I believe will soon partner with Sprint, but after all this, I may just go back to the old Landline.  At this point, just want confirmation that account is settle and unlock code.  Please help.  This is not a way to treat a loyal customer.  I have never had a problem with my bill auto pay every month,  Obviosly, that loyalty is not reciprocal.

19 REPLIES 19
Sprint Social Care

Re: Payed off device need confirmation & unlock code.

Roblmsw1

Hey! I would like help with this. Send me a private message with the account information, the account holder's name, phone number, security PIN or the answer to the security question. Just click on my name and select "send a message".

Kryshna
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Kryshna:

Thank you so much for helping me confirm that my device has been unlocked and the information on the master reset.  The process for unlocking device seems to have gotten easier with the newer devices.  My device was unlocked right online and I was able to confirm right away by inserting a GSM carrier SIM card and making a call.  Looking to sell the phone with its brand new wireless  Mophie charger, however need to do the Master reset first to insure there are no personal data left on phone and to make sure it does not re lock.  

Thanks, again, you are truly a gem and have a quality day on quality day.

P.S. Community forum is new to me, so please let me know if I am not in the right area.

Sprint Social Care

Hey Roblmsw1 ! You did great posting here. Thank you for taking the time to express your gratitude to Kryshna, which by the way, as you mentioned, it's a real gem. 

Have a wonderful rest of your day. 🙂

Ciara
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Ciara: 

Thank you for the positive reinforcement.  Good to know that their is a Supportive Sprint Community.  Although I discovered it after I ported to AT&T.  Hopefully, services (in the Bronx) will improve in the future and I can port back.  For now,  I just need to get the Master reset right and I have already sent Kryshna a message.  I believe it was a public message, so I will be happy to accept the help from whomever has the answers.

Journeyman

Ciara:

Cannot seem to find the message.   Here is  the Issue: after the master reset, I was able to insert AT&T SIM Card and make a call confirming that the device is still unlocked, but now when I reinsert the sprint card I am get a notification cannot configure ODADM.  I imagine this is happening because I am not allowing it to connect to an account or going through the process of installing all the software.  SIM card is also giving me in-service message and the SIM card is not in service because the account was paid of entirely and cancelled.  I am also getting a message when I pull out my SIM card and restart the phone: Power off device, insert the service provider UICC that came with the phone, then power on device.  How do I remove these massages.  I am not looking to reactivate my account.  Just want to sell the phone with the unlock status and minimal software.  I do not want the person I sell the phone to contact me informing me that the device is asking for the original carrier UICC. 

Journeyman

Reinserted the SIM card and now when I go to UICC tab in Setting System Update it says: "your device is unlocked for any SIM card".   However, when I click the tab it says SIM unlocking cannot be completed, try again later.  Gives me an internal error (407).  Says if problem persist you may need to contact customer service.  Rather resolve the issue through the forum.  Well, customer service is like hit or miss, if you do not get a tech-savvy rep, or at least willing to research the issue, you are taken around in circles.  The Phone still seems to be unlock because when I insert the AT&T SIM card it accepts it and I can make a phone call browse the internet.  I am just concern that if the person who purchases the phone has a sprint SIM card, She/he will have a problem.  Just would like to fix that UICC error. 

Sprint Social Care

Roblmsw1 - I completely understand where you are coming from. The thing is that whether another carrier will accept and activate a device is subject to that carrier's policies and capabilities. Additionally, Sprint devices which the owner has attempted to reprogram or activate on another carrier's network or otherwise altered from its initial programming or settings may not be able to be reactivated on the Sprint network.

Juan
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Thanks for your support.  What I am looking for is help with the error code indicated.  It was not happening until, I wiped and reset.  Prior to that I was able to insert both AT&T and Sprint cards with no error messages. 

Sprint Social Care

Roblmsw1 - I completely understand where you are coming from. The thing is that whether another carrier will accept and activate a device is subject to that carrier's policies and capabilities. Additionally, Sprint devices which the owner has attempted to reprogram or activate on another carrier's network or otherwise altered from its initial programming or settings may not be able to be reactivated on the Sprint network.

Juan
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

This is not my problem because when I insert my Sprint SIM in settings it Indicates UICC any SIM carrier, but when I hit under I get the 407 error code.   Nonetheless, why are you responding to my message with the same message?   Am I missing something?

Sprint Social Care

Hey @Roblmsw1, it looks like the post is duplicated. Basically, you are trying to insert a Sprint SIM card that it isn't active anymore so therefore, it won't allow you to have service. You mentioned that you already cancelled the line. This is Sprint device, if the person you are selling the phone tries to use it in our network, I'm sure we will be able to get it activated. 

Just to clarify, Sprint doesn't work like the other GSM carriers, it's not enough to just insert a SIM card. We have to activate the device in our network by adding it to your line. This can be done from our end or at Sprint.com. 

Jeffrey
Sprint Social Care
Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat