cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1500 everything data family share corporate/discount change

Journeyman

Is Sprint going to change the way a discount is applied to the family share plans?.  I have been reading that in Feb of 2012, Sprint will change the family plans and not allow the second line to be free any more.  I have heard that Sprint will only give a corporate discount to the primary line and charge for the second line $19.99.  Is there any truth to this, or am I reading this wrong?  For example I have two HTC EVO's on a 1500 Everything Data plan.  For the last 1.5 years, the second EVO has been free and I have been getting a corporate discount through my work.  After Feb 2012 Sprint will only discount my primary line and charge me $19.99 for the second line (Wife's EVO)  Is this true?

I would like somebody from Sprint to reply to this question. 

Cheers

33 REPLIES
Master

Re: 1500 everything data family share corporate/discount change

That's the rumor going around from a page leaked from Sprint's playbook.

Highlighted
Wizard

Great... so the discount doesn't include TEP, or the $20 premium data fee (2 lines), and now it's not going to include $20 of the bill that's currently included...

I've been waiting for it to go the other way, like I heard rumored - the PDF would be rolled into the plan cost, making it $149.99 that was eligible for the corporate discount.

Journeyman

It's official:

"Discount Policy Change Notice: Effective your February bill cycle,  Family and Business Share monthly plan charges will be billed  differently. Discounts will only apply to the monthly  recurring charge  of the primary line.  Line 2 will be billed at the applicable  Add-A-Phone rate and will not be discount eligible"

Wizard

Joe - Without a corporate discount, the 2-line family share plan is still the same. It's $110.00 for the first line, and $19.99 for the second. Instead of the discount being on the full $129.99, the discount now only applies to the $110.

Journeyman

They got there great customer service reward last year, now they don't care what helped get them that reward...

Journeyman

This is uncalled this is as much as 5.00 a month. It may not seam like a lot but imagine them doing this without customer repercussion. Sprint will think they can get away with this and change your bill on a regular basis. Verizon customers stood against their 2$ fee and threatened to cancel, and they herd their voices. This needs to be known and herd. That we as customers will not stand for this!

Journeyman

$5 a month x12 months = $60

That's not a small amount - if you disagree please send $60 my way - you'll get the same result, less money and no additional service... 

"Welcome to the NOW network" - apparently that's where Sprint wants your money NOW.

Journeyman

EXACTLY!  Back in Sep they raised the "admin" fee from .99 per line to $1.51 per line!  NOW they want to raise my bill by $60 a year?  My contact in Sprint Executive Services assures me that this does not allow me to waive my ETF whilst simultaneously admitting this change will cost me more money and that it was designed to "bring our prices more in line with our competition"!

He also doesn't believe (or pretends he doesn't) that people on various forums who have negotiated ETF waivers are real and really Sprint customers!!   

Journeyman

That's because they aren't really sprint customers anymore!  LOL

Community News

Having trouble posting or viewing your Private Messages? We made an update to the Community registration process which requires you to validate your email, click here to read more about it.