cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1500 everything data family share corporate/discount change

33 REPLIES
Journeyman

Re: 1500 everything data family share corporate/discount change

I find it interesting that the original question that we are all following is shown as "assumed answered"  really ?   Who are they kidding?  I guess if you consider "plain greed" as an answer then yes, the question is assumed answered.  I just got my next bill after the increase and discover that they have changed the calculation again, it appears that the first bill trying to do this increase actually OVERCHARGED and in this bill they fixed it.  Look closely at the calculations under "Charges" for the Shared Plan and compare to the last bill.  This latest bill has a total cost of the plan before any other taxes, admin fees, surcharges etc. that is about $3.00 less than the last month's bill for me  $110 shared plan first line, and $19.99 second line and 15% discount on the $110 only.  So one must assume that these wonderfully informed special accounting people found a boo-boo on the last bill but are NOT refunding for their error, just fixing for this bill.  Go figure.   Also, on the last bill the extra charge for a detailed bill was $1.99 and I asked to stop doing that and this time it shows -$1.26 for the detailed bill fee ????  ok so what is up with that?  Anyway, I'm still not thrilled with the changes to how they calculate the discount, but it is clear that they are playing fast and loose with lots of nickles and dimes.  As someone else pointed out the Admin Fee is now $3.00 and it used to be about $1.99 etc.

Journeyman

I would think that sprint needs to fix this.  They either need to go back to the original billing until the customer fulfills an renews their contract.  Or redo the contract and make all line available for upgrade like the customer is starting a new contract.  Which essentially they are making us do.

This is what I got from Sprint:

"We have been receiving many complaints and opinions from our customers regarding this change so Sprint has maintained a specialized Accounts Services Department which is currently handling such concerns related with contract obligations in a most effective manner and focusing on customers retention and satisfaction with the available options ."

So, light them up.........

Journeyman

I checked my online messages from Sprint and found this:

"At Sprint, we're always working t make your wireless experience as simple as possible.  Starting with your February invoice, your monthly charges will be presendted differently.  From now on, we'll separate the primary line form the second line for all Family and Business Share plans.  We hope this is a helpful change that makes your monthly bill even easier to understand.

And don't worry--your invoice amount is not changing, and you'll continue to receive the great Sprint service you've come to love.  In fact, Sprint remains the vault leader for individual and shar plans and is the only national carrier to offer truly Unlimited data for all phones with no overages, data caps or throttling.  All while on the Sprint network"

I suppose the resulting increase in my invoice amount resulting from the above described change is an error and will be promptly resolved!!?? (amounts to $55.20/yr).

Also, as mentioned in the message, "...this helpful change does make my monthly bill even easier to understand"---translated, it means: if we do not check our bill closely, it is easy to understand how we may hopefully overlook the additional charge being added to our billing!!!

I find is sad that Sprint, who offers great wireless and service,  resorts to such tactics which could cause many long term and valued customers who remained with them over the years. Why risk destroying your loyal customer base?

....I am awaiting a reply to en e-mail sent to billing. Also, hope to get reply from Sprint represenative monitoring this forum.

Journeyman

I know how you feel. As I read through this forum I completely agree that something needs to be done. I have Sprint only because they bought out my old cell carrier ( Virgin Mobile). They offered me no credit sheck or deposit and $50 towards a new phone on top of the offers they were offering customers who walked in off the street. I found out my employer was offering a discount of Sprint, AT&T and Verizon for 25% off. I fugured I had Sprint already , I'll just apply the discount to my plan... and thats what I did. To take advantage of my employers discount I had to extend my contract. The last year with Sprint has been nothing but a problem... they change my sales tax for no reason (I always have to call in about it almost every month), they changed the administrative fees from $.99 to $1.50 for each line, the stopped offering the loyalty program, and some more small changes to get more money out of Sprint customers.

With the change to the discounts right now, if you think about it, that second line that doesnt get the discount any longer is now going to be taxed eveen more by Sprint. So you may think well I have to pay $4 or $5 more a month but reality is that that $4 or $5 is being taxed by your state and by Sprint's surcharges.

The customer service rep I spoke to said that the change is for Sprint to afford to add LTE that Verizon offers. That is not fair to us.

{----}

Journeyman

This is pure poppycock! By doing this, they are raising your price by $4 a month. When you call to complain, they just tell you that you are allowed to cancel the servie, or just take it.

Sprint, I hope you are listening. YOU are forcing me to cancel your service. I was told that the Employee Discount applied to all services, but that was just wrong. It only applies to items over $19.99. What about that 2Gig data plan that I have on the tablet for $29.99? Not discounted. Extra phone lines? $19.99 a piece WITH a mandatory $10 charge that keeps them below the threshold for the discount. Sprint, you are being underhanded and I do not appreciate it.

You are HANDING customers over to your competition. Congrats!

Journeyman

If I understand the post right that I can get out of my current contract without an EFT if I call Sprint and tell them that I do not concur with the changes they are implementing.  But I must do this within a certain timeframe, is this correct?

I upgraded my phone using my sisters upgrade in 2010, my mother, brother, and sister all upgraded their phones last year.  So, would they get an EFT if I cancelled my Sprint account?  Or must I wait for the full 2 years?

See, this is my problem with contracts:  Sprint will charge you if you break a contract with all kinds of fees, but if they make modifications in the middle of the contract, where is our compensation?  I know, I read it, I signed it, but now I'm looking for another company.

Any help you could provide I would appreciate it.

It almost sounds that Sprint is NOT really the Unlimited Data Plan anymore. 

Journeyman

I just got my latest Sprint bill and discovered the 'creative financing' they have implemented with spreading out the basic plan costs and the applied discounts across the phones. I am not a lawyer but from a common sense point of view I find this despicable. Basically they changed my contract part way in and it will cost me over $5.00 a month more because of it. Last month they added a fee hike, this month 'creative accounting'. What's next?

Anyway, I did call and voice my complaint. I was able to get a one-time $5.00 per month for the remainder of my contract. I indicated I was not happy that all this was occurring, but was willing to take the $100 payout. I still lose money because taxes are higher also on my bill because of the lowered discount amount. If I felt I was ready to move to a new provider I would. I just don't want to deal with that now. At least I pretty much come close to a 'push' on costs until my contract expires. If anyone calls about this, I would not accept anything less than the $-increase you are seeing per month, multiplied by the number of months left in your contract.

By the way, I got the feeling that Sprint reps are getting a lot of calls on this. They asked if I had called before on this issue (which I had not). I told them I would hope they get a lot of complaints. And they deserve it. I mentioned companies do make mistakes (look at Netflix), and hopefuly they will feel some major repurcussions in how they are treating their customers.

Now if we could only get better 4G access and speeds.....

Journeyman

I pretty much consider this a contract violation.  $5 a month or not, its a contract thing.  People signed a contract on what was paid and how it will be paid.  To change it around without signing a new contract is illegal in my book.  Guess I will be going the contract violation route.

Journeyman

I agree with you, and lets not forget the increase for activation, $36 now. I just called today and was told I have till the 18th of march to decide if I want to walk for free. Does that sound right?

Journeyman

Yup you heard right, sprint is giving you the sleazy back door shaft,  I have been with sprint 14 years and have seen all the nickel n dime, acts.  More like 5$ & 10$ back door charges that every one wonders, can they do that?  If everyone spoke up they couldn't, in real life its call cheating, or lying or very very unethical desperate business practices.  If a company has to raise its rates then raise the rates don't lie an sneak it through, and give everyone a chance to leave first. Last straw you dieing almost bankrupt company.  On a side note anyone ever thought of that deposit you were required to make when you first signed up,  wonder where it went.

Oh an you know how they claim to have the cheapest plans, easy cheap shoddy lieing service.