cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A special plan for longtime Sprint customers

44 REPLIES
Journeyman

Re: A special plan for longtime Sprint customers

I agree with all of this 100% I have been with them since 2000 I started out with nextel and then about 4 years ago was talked into switching over to just Sprint. I have always been jerked around with them . I paid almost 300.00 dollars last year for the intercept and had nothing but problems with it well after 4 times of having it repaired they finally did somthing I GUESS they put me on the wells program witch ment I could go into a sprint store and pick any new phone I wanted weather it was more or less didnt matter if it was more than what I paid to begin with I would of just had to pay the difference so whatever I didnt care. well needless to say I didnt get to pick a phone I was givin the transform and Its a piece of crap I swear its worse than any phone Ive ever had . I have tried to get a new one tried to do anything to get this phone away from me but they always have some excuse on not helping me get a new one. I have been seriously been thinking about going to a new company likie AT&T or verison. anyone know what company is better or cheaper with monthly payments? I am going to give sprint one more chance to get me into a new phone (DIFFERENT) or I am done with them. I pay my bill every month on time . I still have 150 days for my 150.00 dollars towards a new phone well theres no way I am waiting that long. Why should I of had to suffer for 2 years with a phone that does not work 90% of the time its slower than a turtle and shuts off all the time on its own always hangs up on people in the middle of our conversation how irritating is that.......I am not a happy costomer and im so ready to call it quits with SPRINT.....

Journeyman

Customer since January 1999 with old plan/unlimited data and Touch Pro 2 windows 6.5. I do not understand why I can't have a Windows 7 phone or an Android for that matter. The usage is not going to change in anyway. All I hope to have is a stable smart OS. If I have to upgrade my plan as a new customer to get another smart phone, why not go to T-Moble, get their Galaxy S2 for free and have the $50 everything free, per phone family plan? Why should I stay with Sprint? If SERO customers can upgrade and get 4G, why not Gold Premier customers?

Wizard

There's no difference between the plans available to existing customers and new customers. That seems to be the point of this thread. The only real difference is the other way around; existing customers can be 'grandfathered' in with old plans that are no longer available to other customers. There are restrictions on most older plans, but available price plan options are identical to new customers.

-Donnie

Journeyman

Re: A special plan for longtime Sprint customers

yeah and old customers are screwed out of the plan options that new customers get

Journeyman

Here's a thought....I've been with Sprint since 2002 and pay about $35 a month, I want to upgrade to a newer phone, I LOVE my flip phone, but the pics aren't the best quality. So, I've been shopping around for a few months since my contract ended. Basically the cheapest I can get with a smartphone is $50 a month. Now I'm getting 200 anytime, unlimited night/weekend, $5 unlimited text, free internet. IF I decide to jump on the AT&T bandwagon (everyone in my house has them), I can take over an extra line my brother has and get an iPhone for $35 a month. Now.....Sprint convince me to stay with you! I've put up with a LOT including being picked on by my family, I even at one point had an extra line for a friend (who STILL owes me over $2K b/c I was paying my bill and hers), and stayed after being lied to. I got the deal I have ow b/c I threatened to leave. I was told by a rep in store that I could end up getting a phone for free if I waited a few months, whe I went back...nope that was NEVER the deal. Called Sprint, same thing not an option. I went to T-Mobile and looked, then called Sprint back ad said I wanted to disconnect. I explained I just wanted a phone to take pictures and REALLY liked the Katana, I was willing to pay the activation if the phone was free or part of the phone if activation was waived. He waived EVERYTHING! I upgraded 2 years ago to a new Katana LX and had fears of changing the plan, the rep in the store was able to get me my new phone without changing the plan. Pretty sure that won't be the same case now. I'm waiting to see what the deal will be if/when Sprint starts selling the iPhone in October (would be great since my daughter's 6th bday is at the end of October....lol).

Journeyman

CaseyM, you just prove to everyone that Sprint has no dedication to long time customers. I can understand what you are saying about the premier data plan.  What's next in line to the premier data plan?   SUPER premier data in order to use the next generation of new phones so in order for customers to get the new phones we would have to increase again? We as long time Sprint customers should be able to get at least a discount on new features compared to new customers.  Do I make sense? You would have to understand the frustration of loyal Sprint customers calling.

Journeyman

Sprint:

Please give us a break.  I'm a 10+ year customer.  I pay for voice, text, and data.  I currently have a smart phone (Touch Pro 2).

I've gone years being out of contract with you and don't switch service.  I rarely get new phones - I usually wait until I've gone through several phones of the same make/model (buying from other consumers) before upgrading.

I'm a Gold Premier member, but I'm really bothered by two things:

1) The marketing and verbiage around requiring a "bundled" plan. I'm told it's required for "smart phones" - but I know that's not the case as I already have one that isn't on a bundled plan.

2) I'm offered the same deal as a new customer off the street.  This is what really bothers me....

Look, I realize that as phones get faster and more capable it's more taxing on infrastructure.  I really don't expect to pay the same rate that I did 5 years ago, but you guys are asking me to more than double my bill.  If you wanted a $10-$20/mo premium for 4g, I'd bite.  I won't bite on "double my bill + $10" - that's not showing me that I'm valued...

Master

I certainly understand  what you are talking about  but the pricing of the plans takes in to consideration the anytime anymobile aspect.   You might not use anytime minutes  but you do have minutes of use.   for example if the plan was say 100 minutes for 49.00 with unlimited data it would take care of your minutes of use   but you would still be using anytime anymobile  which could be 2500 minutes   This would mean loosing money on the account over all so the pricing does need to take those call into account.

Journeyman

I think even the Everything Data Family is too much for me. Yeah I like having truly unlimited data and text (so far I've used 31,792,558KB of 3G data and 5,389KB of unlimited roaming data). (and apparently, now that I just checked my data useage, I have a suprise $5.99 fee added because of some 'Premium Services' that I have no clue what they mean...) Anyway, But all I really call (if I ever do call) is cell phones. So I feel all my unused minutes are going to waste each moth and I'm paying for something I don't even use. When I was on the Everything Data Single I had 450 minutes each month, I didn't even use half of that.

Journeyman

Agree 100% about how long term customers are treated.  Yes, I am a premier customer but half the time I can't get the reward section to work right so I can get my $5.00 off or my extra minutes that I don't use.  Honestly, whatever happened to honoring those who have been loyal.