cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buying a phone at full price before contract is up - will that relieve me from the contract (but keep me with Sprint)?

Go to solution
Highlighted
Journeyman

Buying a phone at full price before contract is up - will that relieve me from the contract (but keep me with Sprint)?

My contract is up in about 160 days but my phone, an HTC Evo, has a broken USB port so I can't recharge it anymore (I have to charge the battery separately and keep swapping).

I'm taking it in for servicing but if I were to replace the device with another one (say, a Samsung Galaxy S or Nexus S), I'd have to pay full price. If I did pay full price, would that effectively void out my contract and make it "month-to-month"?

I'm considering going that route since I do want to stay with Sprint. I used to be able to upgrade every year but was downgraded to Premier Silver status so, in all honesty, I'm waiting to see if another (national) carrier starts offering yearly upgrades since that's very important to me.

Thanks in advance for the responses.

Tags (3)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Wizard

To answer The question

If I did pay full price, would that effectively void out my contract and make it "month-to-month"?

No it would not void out your contract and make it "month-to-month"

Pink Elmo

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Wizard

To answer The question

If I did pay full price, would that effectively void out my contract and make it "month-to-month"?

No it would not void out your contract and make it "month-to-month"

Pink Elmo

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Journeyman

Thanks for the reply. I'll decide what to do next, I suppose.

Here's something that Sprint brass might want to be aware of - a Sprint (Corporate) store here in NYC seems to think otherwise. They insisted that the contract would be nullified if I bought a phone outright. I'm thinking this line of reasoning stems from the rapid rise in customer requests for the iPhone that, at the time, just came to Sprint.

I won't specify the store name/number/etc here in a public forum but this information should be dessiminated to the corporate stores.

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.